• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major League Baseball in 2021

Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, Tank said:

so the nfl is about to finish a full season.

the nhl and nba are playing modified schedules, but they're playing.

and once again, the mlb is going to screw things up in their sport. as a fan, it's hard to understand why. 

Owners.

The players and MLB have a contract...  This is ownership basically saying, hey yeah, lets change it up where you get less than you've already bargained for and we get more.

And they are doing it in the media.... Again.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

so the nfl is about to finish a full season.

the nhl and nba are playing modified schedules, but they're playing.

and once again, the mlb is going to screw things up in their sport. as a fan, it's hard to understand why. 

It's clearly because Arte Moreno still hasn't stepped up.

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Owners.

The players and MLB have a contract...  This is ownership basically saying, hey yeah, lets change it up where you get less than you've already bargained for and we get more.

And they are doing it in the media.... Again.

They wouldn't get less.

They won't get less.  

I get why they aren't going to accept it, but they are getting their full salaries barring something, well, bizarre.  Murder hornets.  Super volcano.  Asteroid.   Etc.

12 minutes ago, ScottT said:

They wouldn't get less.

They won't get less.  

I get why they aren't going to accept it, but they are getting their full salaries barring something, well, bizarre.  Murder hornets.  Super volcano.  Asteroid.   Etc.

The issue is they already have that agreement in place, and it already guarantees them they won't get less.... its called the CBA.  This agreement would put that in jeopardy by giving Manfred the power to unilaterally cancel the season for any of those reasons you stated.... Minus that clause the players could sue MLB.

This is just a power grab by the commish and more guaranteed revenue for ownership.  They aren't acting in good faith.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

154 games...

Pujols rebounds this year. Goes on a tear.

Game 154 he hits for the cycle... HR 699 and Double 699... and we wonder what could have been, with a full 162 games.

Then we resign him to a year deal for 6 million next year.

Shut Your Pie Hole! via GIPHY | Giphy, Silent film, Gif

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Hence, my comment that they won't get less.

Now quote the rest of my response...

On 1/31/2021 at 9:28 PM, Inside Pitch said:

This agreement would put that in jeopardy by giving Manfred the power to unilaterally cancel the season for any of those reasons you stated.... Minus that clause the players could sue MLB.

You're asking them to blindly trust Manfred.   Not gonna happen.

I wonder if the players would have agreed to that deal had that bit not been included -- even with all the postseason TV money going to the owners.   

This is gonna get dumb again.

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/what-mlb-mlbpa-negotiations-mean-for-2021-season-and-beyond-and-why-players-rejected-leagues-offer/

Im guessing we will see a ton of these articles between now and whenever they DO finally play games.

Good article. 

His podcast re: the Porter/Callaway issues at the bottom of the page was a grandstanding extravaganza though.  He should stick to articles.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/what-mlb-mlbpa-negotiations-mean-for-2021-season-and-beyond-and-why-players-rejected-leagues-offer/

Im guessing we will see a ton of these articles between now and whenever they DO finally play games.

thanks - that was a very helpful article.

there's already a deal in place, agreed to by both sides, and it needs to be honored. let's get to work.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Welp. There goes my plans of standing outside tempe diablo and getting a cobb and an either iglesias autograph on my simmons jersey

F*ck 2021

guess it means I won't get accused by some senile old af "security" dude at the Tempe Diablo Stadium practice fields of allegedly running onto the field to get a baseball.  I was not a kid when this alleged incident took place.  I was not even a young adult.   It was hilarious. 

25% capacity Tempe Diablo Stadium sounds awesome..