• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major League Baseball in 2021

Inside Pitch

Why did this proposal take so long?  I've heard a few players say they've already secured rentals for spring training.  I'm sure it's many, considering they are supposed to report in two weeks.

Seems like a there'd be a lot of 7 inning doubleheaders. Not a bad thing considering pitcher inning jumps might cause problems.

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

This seems a perfectly reasonable plan.
Of course the union wont accept it and will counter in some form just because they can.
In the end it will be something stupid like delayed 2 weeks with no extension on the end or something.

Perfectly reasonable would be playing a 162 game season on the same time table as originally planned because every single sport in North America has already done so. The fact that baseball is last to figure this out is... Annoying I guess. 

What's going on here is more negotiating I think. Owners want to delay the season, the players don't. Owners want expanded playoffs because of revenue, players generally don't want that because of the indirect impacts it has on the market. I think they all want universal DH, but only as a bargaining chip.

My guess is a deal will be made, but it'll come with universal DH and extended playoffs, and the World Series being played in freakin November, asking with 7-inning double headers which I can't stand. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Perfectly reasonable would be playing a 162 game season on the same time table as originally planned because every single sport in North America has already done so. The fact that baseball is last to figure this out is... Annoying I guess. 

What's going on here is more negotiating I think. Owners want to delay the season, the players don't. Owners want expanded playoffs because of revenue, players generally don't want that because of the indirect impacts it has on the market. I think they all want universal DH, but only as a bargaining chip.

My guess is a deal will be made, but it'll come with universal DH and extended playoffs, and the World Series being played in freakin November, asking with 7-inning double headers which I can't stand. 

Of course its negotiating, isnt everything between these two?
I agree it should go on an normal, but if that cant/wont happen this is a reasonable alternative. 

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Hey look!  MLB is acting in bad faith again...

The addition that will likely scuttle the whole thing...

5. Commissioner gains more authority to suspend season, cancel games w/out consent of Union (play foreboding music)

Giving unilateral authority to Rob Manfred, what could possibly go wrong?

10 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Seems like that's been one of the more popular changes. Haven't seen many people complaining about it. Wouldn't be shocked if it's here to stay.

Yeah I've noticed that. People seem to like them, personally, I can't stand them. Feels too much like high school ball.  But we all have our likes and dislikes. For example, I like the NL style of play without the DH, but I do like the runner starting at 2B in extra innings.  

Really an argument could be made for every change. For me, it's. Just game play. That's it. No better reason.