• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major League Baseball in 2021

Inside Pitch

Something just happened in the Dodgers game I have never seen before. You will have to watch the replay to really understand. Bellinger hit a home run that was counted as a single and he was called out but got an RBI because Turner thought it was caught so was going back to first and Bellinger went by him on the way to second.

15 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Something just happened in the Dodgers game I have never seen before. You will have to watch the replay to really understand. Bellinger hit a home run that was counted as a single and he was called out but got an RBI because Turner thought it was caught so was going back to first and Bellinger went by him on the way to second.

I definitely knew you were out if the trailing runner past the lead runner, but how it would be ruled in a scenario like this was something I wouldn't have known.

Also: LOL Dodgers

22 hours ago, Taylor said:

So wait ... was he out because he passed Turner on the bases?

Yes. It's an oddity of the rules, but the trailing base runner cannot pass the lead base runner on the base paths or they will be declared out - even if the ball is no longer in play. There are also strange aspects of the rule depending on where each base runner was at the time and how many outs there were. Iirc, if there were two outs at the time then no runs would have counted.