• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One particular consequence of short MLB season

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Every pitcher next season will be expected to pitch at least 2.5 times more innings than they did in 2020.

It will be interesting to see how pitchers’ health in general is by August/September.

From my understanding, some pitchers actually "pitched" simulated games during the shutdown, for the sake of staying ready.  I saw some pitchers estimating they actually "threw" 120-150 innings total for the season.

So while the stats may indicate low workloads, it's possible a chunk of them actually pitched considerably more than we see on the stat line.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Another sort of positive is that with the shorter season, we had less bedrosian threads.

Bedrosian is gonna be really good next year, he's a vet now and knows what he needs to do.  Plus I know their family so I am biased.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, Warfarin said:

From my understanding, some pitchers actually "pitched" simulated games during the shutdown, for the sake of staying ready.  I saw some pitchers estimating they actually "threw" 120-150 innings total for the season.

So while the stats may indicate low workloads, it's possible a chunk of them actually pitched considerably more than we see on the stat line.

I asked Mickey Callaway this question and that’s what he said. 

He said they had their starters doing pretty extensive bullpens or sim games all during April-May-June so he thinks they’ll be ok.  

4 minutes ago, daygloman said:

Man, that's brutal! 

I need my other shoulder done, but I've put it off because of the recovery.

I've learned to deal with the pain.

it's possible my brother is lazier than you.

not that i think you're lazy, but - wait, where was i going with this? oh nevermind.

so, how 'bout those padres!

7 minutes ago, daygloman said:

Man, that's brutal! 

I need my other shoulder done, but I've put it off because of the recovery.

I've learned to deal with the pain.

You have exhausted physical therapy solutions? I had surgery on my right for a torn rotator cuff. When my left started acting up I sort of unconsciously quit using it and it froze up. PT did the trick and returned range of motion but now six years later it is stiffening up again and I'm back doing PT for that and golfer's elbow. Ironically I quit playing golf over five years ago.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, Warfarin said:

That’s awesome if they did but still I don’t believe you can simulate live games or what I mean to say is the real wear and tear an actual live game can cause on an arm.