• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marcus Stroman tweets

Billy_Ball

1 hour ago, Angel said:

If you don't give Ohtani a starting spot he will start looking elsewhere, seriously I feel like some of you genuinely hate the guy or want him on your Dodgers.

Well, I told you so remember that.  Perhaps it's best for Ohtani to move on, imagine what we could get for him?  A bunch of way less exciting players, that's for sure.

At some point the lack of innings pitched over the last several years means he is incapable of pitching a regular starting pitchers load. 

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

Alright I'm over Ohtani, time to trade him to the Dodgers where he can thrive and Angels fans can appreciate him from afar. 

Most of you just want a ring for Trout anyways, no matter what happens after right?  Ohtani will get you that ring, through returns.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

That was hilarious. 

2 hours ago, Angel said:

If you don't give Ohtani a starting spot he will start looking elsewhere, seriously I feel like some of you genuinely hate the guy or want him on your Dodgers.

Well, I told you so remember that.  Perhaps it's best for Ohtani to move on, imagine what we could get for him?  A bunch of way less exciting players, that's for sure.

No one is of the opinion Ohtani won't be given a shot at a rotation spot. The only thing standing in Ohtani's way is his own health and performance. 

Now buzz off, gnat. 

37 minutes ago, Angel said:

Alright I'm over Ohtani, time to trade him to the Dodgers where he can thrive and Angels fans can appreciate him from afar. 

Most of you just want a ring for Trout anyways, no matter what happens after right?  Ohtani will get you that ring, through returns.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, someone will do the research and realize that everything you write is a palindrome.......in iambic pentameter.....in both directions.  

36 minutes ago, Angel said:

First it's, I told you so, if you don't start him... (a narrative only you hold) 

Now it's, trade him because... (insert narrative no one is advocating but you) 

You are such a weasily little twerp. 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's assuming the Angels offer everyone arbitration. Among the relievers due for arbitration--Andriese, Robles, Bedrosian, Ramirez, and Middleton--I could see them wiping the slate clean, and maybe only offering one or two of them arbitration, and letting the rest go, saving the money for a decent free agent reliever, and then building a bullpen with the free agent, Buttrey, Pena, Sandoval, Suarez, Milner, one or two of the arb guys, and maybe eventually Rodriguez and Ortega. And then signing some minor league free agents as back-up. 

I agree yo save money Robles, Ramirez, Andriese will not be back. Bedrosian I'm not sure of always ends up on IL. Middleton I keep. Milner I let go. I bring back Pena, Sandoval (if he is not in rotation) Buttrey, Mayers and fill in the rest.

24 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And the laugh is this is a Stroman thread and the gnat has everyone swatting at Ohtani narratives that don't even belong in this thread. 

It's a pitching thread Hank, go cry about something non baseball related.  But don't cry over baseball, jesus you're making me laugh.

52 minutes ago, ukyah said:

stroman is 5'7". 

that's a lot of cheddar per inch.

I think when you're only that tall as a professional pitcher, you need to have this mound presence that will intimidated the 6'4 235 lb athletes in the batters box.

I mean filthy stuff is intimating as is, but Stroman struts, and has some serious moxie to him. Not disrespectful at all. But not hiding that he celebrates the fact that he's in charge when he's on the mound.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think when you're only that tall as a professional pitcher, you need to have this mound presence that will intimidated the 6'4 235 lb athletes in the batters box.

I mean filthy stuff is intimating as is, but Stroman struts, and has some serious moxie to him. Not disrespectful at all. But not hiding that he celebrates the fact that he's in charge when he's on the mound.

i like stroman, i just think it's crazy that he's that small. i have some lincecum fears about him though. 

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

Stroman would be nice for sure. But again, it's debatable. Payroll will probably be around 190, and after everything, the Angels payroll likely sits at 170. 

The Angels likely need one starting pitcher, if you buy Barria's breakout, which I do, if you don't then they need two. They probably also need a couple of strong relievers as well. 

Could you land Stroman and two relievers for 20 million? Depending on the quality of the relievers, maybe. It'd be hard to do though. 

I think one of the shitty parts about Eppler being gone is that we're finally seeing the younger guys that he developed break into Major League roles. Will the new GM keep Barria as the 6th starter or screw with his mind again by putting him in AAA? Will the new GM keep Ward in the OF and Adell in AAA? Will he keep Walsh at 1B or try to stash him back in AAA for another year? Thaiss' bat is ready too. Barreto's upside is insane, and needs an opportunity, but he might be a holdover from the past GM so they may lose him too.

When you say you buy Barria's breakout,. what do you see his breakout as?  Do you see him repeating his 2018/2020 seasons? I want to believe it but his inability to miss bats always leaves me hesitant. Is his ability to generate soft contact legit? He is in the 94th percentile in barrel percentage.  But there are always those guys that outpitch their peripherals. I mean he's been doing since entering the organization. I am cautiously optimistic but can see him settling in as a solid backend starter and provide innings at a 4.25ish ERA. If he is more of the guy from 2018/2020 then I think that's game-changer for our rotation.

Edited by rafibomb

3 hours ago, Angel said:

So if we sign a starter Ohtani won't get a shot?  Who gets canned? Canning?

I'm confused, since Ohtani should fill Teheran's spot, who else deserves the axe?  Nobody.. but apparently it's Ohtani.  I guess he'll be a star on the Dodgers, they'll make him Babe fucking Ruth.

I'm about as big as an Ohtani one can be. The reality is he has pitched 50 innings for us over the last three years. Ohatani cannot be counted on to fill a rotation spot. He will go to ST and hopefully be healthy and go from there. 

21 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

When you say you buy Barria's breakout,. what do you see his breakout as?  Do you see him repeating his 2018/2020 seasons? I want to believe it but his inability to miss bats always leaves me hesitant. Is his ability to generate soft contact legit? He is in the 94th percentile in barrel percentage.  But there are always those guys that outpitch their peripherals. I mean he's been doing since entering the organization. I am cautiously optimistic but can see him settling in as a solid backend starter and provide innings at a 4.25ish ERA. If he is more of the guy from 2018/2020 then I think that's game-changer for our rotation.

It's all of it, pitch selection, location, changing speeds, making small adjustments every inning, every AB. For what it's worth, his FIP actually resembled what I expect he can do moving forward. Mid to upper 3's ERA, lots of innings, not many walks or K's. Emotionally balanced, even cerebral later in his career. Not so much crafty as much as he will use the right pitch in the right spot to minimize what the batter can do with it and trust his defense. Very similar to many coming Japanese starters in the NPB actually, which I still insist is the most entertaining and purest brand of baseball in the world. But back to Barria, never spectacular, but pretty steady #4 starter. Not left handed, but a Mark Buehrle type.

That's what I envision. 

Stroman would be nice for sure. But again, it's debatable. Payroll will probably be around 190, and after everything, the Angels payroll likely sits at 170. 

The Angels likely need one starting pitcher, if you buy Barria's breakout, which I do, if you don't then they need two. They probably also need a couple of strong relievers as well. 

Could you land Stroman and two relievers for 20 million? Depending on the quality of the relievers, maybe. It'd be hard to do though. 

I think one of the shitty parts about Eppler being gone is that we're finally seeing the younger guys that he developed break into Major League roles. Will the new GM keep Barria as the 6th starter or screw with his mind again by putting him in AAA? Will the new GM keep Ward in the OF and Adell in AAA? Will he keep Walsh at 1B or try to stash him back in AAA for another year? Thaiss' bat is ready too. Barreto's upside is insane, and needs an opportunity, but he might be a holdover from the past GM so they may lose him too.

Arte needs to go over the cap for one year.  Stop bullshitting.  It's one year and Pujols leaves the following year.

Just quoting Fletcher who said after arbitration, likely 170-ish. 

Starting pitcher, a couple relievers, and probably a catcher too. Lots of needs, not a lot of money.

Dont need a catcher.  Do not need a position player.  Starting pitcher at a couple of relievers.

Just now, stormngt said:

Arte needs to go over the cap for one year.  Stop bullshitting.  It's one year and Pujols leaves the following year.

Hard to say. I mean yes, Pujols will come off the books, but given the need to re-up certain players like Bundy, raises in arb eligible players and backloaded contacts, that money is probably already spent.