• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I think he doesn't care as long as he sucks the last dollar out of whatever team makes the highest bid. Right now if Kansas City tops the Mets bid he pitches for the Royals. This has been the mercenary tour all the way. 

That's the way I see it also

If the Angels or Dodgers offered a 1 year 37mill deal it sounds like he’d probably take it. 

Not wanting to go 5-7 years is understandable. But losing out on a 1-3 year deal, stings.

This would allow the Angels to address their biggest need (TOR arm) while continuing to let the farm build.

It's funny to me when fans know their team needs a certain FA and are all excited for them to pursue the guy to fill the spot.  Then he signs elsewhere for a huge amount and they say" wow that's way too much and glad we passed; next year we can go after player X.

This is what FA is.  Elite players get ridiculous money.  Even Trout, who wasn't even a FA, got crazy money.  That's the downside of getting someone really good without trading prospects -- it cost a buttload of money and your likely to regret it at the back end.  There is no get a top/elite FA on a team friendly contract movie happening.  If you want to go fishing, you better be prepared to smell like fish afterwards. 

So if he accepts the Dodgers offer then he didn’t go to the team that gave him every last dollar. That Mets deal would be hard to pass up considering the renewed energy of new ownership, especially with Carracci on the team, as that is his best friend in baseball.  Also as someone who loves to talk about his craft getting to do so with deGrom would be enticing, however he’d have that with Kershaw as well. What’s crazy is remember all the talk about Puig being a distraction, yet the Dodgers seem to be ok with Bauer’s distraction or at least aren’t turned off by it. I guess when you are good it’s easy to look the other way.