• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I missed that part, apologies. 

That said, you only trade off guys if you have a replacement. So that means Detmers and Rodriguez need to be ready to step in later this summer. 

People are so sensitive and quick to jump down each others throats. Thanks for acknowledging your mistake.

Why wouldn't those guys be ready? The Angels could definitely bring up some guys to fill in whichever ones they trade away. Remember, if they are out of the race, they are simply seeing what these young guys may or may not have. It won't matter if they struggle. It will also be time to give guys a flyer like they did with Lincecum and others in the past. Pick up some SP off waivers or whatever. Again, Trout and Rendon and Fletcher and whatever kind of send off Pujols gets will still be here to keep fans either going to the ballpark(if that's a thing) or watching them on TV. It will also be a chance to advertise the "young future" playing so fans will have that to look forward to too.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also, you don't trade a Bundy, Heaney, Quintana and Cobb (others with an expiring contract) unless you have someone to step in and replace them at the same or higher level if the team is competing. 

Like others have said, I'd rather the team win and have a chance in Sept/Oct. 

He said if they were not in it.  Why would you NOT try to trade your pending FAs at the deadline if you were out of the race?!?  Lay off the guy.  Read what he actually says rather than jump on his ars so quickly.  I'm sure he wants to win too.  But if we're toast at the deadline -- you sell the pieces that you are losing to FA (unless you can extend them or you don't get more than the comp pick for guys you plan to offer).

Just now, Fourts said:

He said if they were not in it.  Why would you NOT try to trade your pending FAs at the deadline if you were out of the race?!?  Lay off the guy.  Read what he actually says rather than jump on his ars so quickly.  I'm sure he wants to win too.  But if we're toast at the deadline -- you sell the pieces that you are losing to FA (unless you can extend them or you don't get more than the comp pick for guys you plan to offer).

Relax. He apologized.

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Pretty bummed right now. Consecutive years aces were available and we got 1 year end of the rotation guys. 

I get that. I wanted Bauer, but I understand why we passed on him.

I'm definitely not a fan of the pitching acquisitions though. Quintana was fine as a secondary piece, but he ended up being the main piece. Not good.

Still hoping to add a reliever. Bullpen could be pretty good this year tbh.

1 minute ago, Fourts said:

Talking to the admin like that.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN