• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

No team or fan wants to go through a firesale. 

If you want to see what it's like to be a Pirates fan then keep wishing. 

Why not? You're making your farm better and giving playing time to see what players currently in your farm system can do. Why not trade away guys you won't be resigning? Most Angels fans just pay to see Mike Trout play. Players like Trout, Rendon, Fletcher etc won't be part of a mini sale so trading players not apart of your future plans will only strengthen your minor leagues. It's a win win.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm assuming he means dumping all the 1-year deal guys and maybe someone like Upton (if anyone would actually take him).  I have no problem with a "mini-firesale" like that.

Well that's just being smart GM. We did that last year too and I expect the same this season unless we're in the thick of things, which I imagine we will be since the Astros and A's got worse, the Rangers are meh and the Mariners are in the middle of a rebuild.

A firesale to me is trading away all of your best players to stock the farm. Like the Marlins and Pirates have done most recently. 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Why not? You're making your farm better and giving playing time to see what players currently in your farm system can do. Why not trade away guys you won't be resigning? Most Angels fans just pay to see Mike Trout play. Players like Trout, Rendon, Fletcher etc won't be part of a mini sale so trading players not apart of your future plans will only strengthen your minor leagues. It's a win win.

I'd rather win.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

You said fire sale. Completely different than what you're now calling a mini sale.

Also, you don't trade a Bundy, Heaney, Quintana and Cobb (others with an expiring contract) unless you have someone to step in and replace them at the same or higher level if the team is competing. 

Like others have said, I'd rather the team win and have a chance in Sept/Oct. 

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Um no I did not. Re read my post. I clearly wrote mini. Always had mini in front.

I missed that part, apologies. 

That said, you only trade off guys if you have a replacement. So that means Detmers and Rodriguez need to be ready to step in later this summer. 

OMG, people clearly need glasses today. Please re read my post or get better glasses or start wearing them. I posted that IF THE ANGELS ARE OUT OF THE MIX, I hope they have a MINI FIRE SALE. I would also rather have the team win and have a chance. If they AREN'T in that position, I see nothing wrong with trading away and helping out the farm.