• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

1 minute ago, Fourts said:

I'm sure Chuck is a big boy and can take criticism and discussion.  It's valid too.  I run a business -- but people are encouraged to give their opinions and call me on things (ego stroking and butt kissing does nobody any good).    

Oh trust me, I absolutely do not kiss anyone's ass unless they pay me, and Chuck ain't paying me shit.

It was tongue in cheek.

4 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I'm sure Chuck is a big boy and can take criticism and discussion.  It's valid too.  I run a business -- but people are encouraged to give their opinions and call me on things (ego stroking and butt kissing does nobody any good).    

I agree. 

I misread his post and clarified. 

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Another sub .500 season

And Arte is okay with that. He simply told us fans that he would increase payroll. I think he's done that. He chose not to take advantage of a division pretty much up for grabs. The Angels are his plaything. He can do what he wants with them. This is what he wants to do. It's pretty simple really.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

And Arte is okay with that. He simply told us fans that he would increase payroll. I think he's done that. He chose not to take advantage of a division pretty much up for grabs. The Angels are his plaything. He can do what he wants with them. This is what he wants to do. It's pretty simple really.

I'd mention all the times Arte has made a big signing in the last decade but nah. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd mention all the times Arte has made a big signing in the last decade but nah. 

Most of them weren't good signings. He gets 150 million a year from the TV deal. Also, how many of the signings turned into a World Series win or even a playoff win???

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Most of them weren't good signings. He gets 150 million a year from the TV deal. Also, how many of the signings turned into a World Series win or even a playoff win???

Well, you're arguing on two fronts here: On one hand you say Arte isn't taking advantage of a division that's up for grabs, which seems to imply that he's not trying to win, or maybe doesn't want to. On the other hand, you're saying the signings he HAS made have been bad. So why should he make another big signing then? 

Edited by tdawg87

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well, you're arguing on two fronts here: On one hand you say Arte isn't taking advantage of a division that's up for grabs, which seems to imply that he's not trying to win, or maybe doesn't want to. On the other hand, you're saying the signings he HAS made have been bad. So why should he make another big signing then? 

He should let the people he hires make the signings. He should stay out of doing what HE thinks is right because he clearly is not good at evaluating talent. He's also not good at hiring people that can evaluate talent either so there's that. He's just not good.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

He should let the people he hires make the signings. He should stay out of doing what HE thinks is right because he clearly is not good at evaluating talent. He's also not good at hiring people that can evaluate talent either so there's that. He's just not good.

And how do you know he isn’t doing that this year

If Bauer signs with the Mets or Dodgers, it will clearly be because their fans wanted him more. It's not about the money.

You all need to look in the mirror.  Did you subscribe to his YouTube channel?  If not, shame on you.  This isn't on Arte, it's on all of us. 

Just now, T.G. said:

If Bauer signs with the Mets or Dodgers, it will clearly be because their fans wanted him more. It's not about the money.

You all need to look in the mirror.  Did you subscribe to his YouTube channel?  If not, shame on you.  This isn't on Arte, it's on all of us. 

I bought his rap album.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And how do you know he isn’t doing that this year

I certainly hope he is. Arte doesn't sign pitchers to long term deals and likes the 1 year deals which have not worked out but he is still doing that once again. I still have no idea how he can year after year do the exact same thing and be happy with bad results. Oh well. Again, we are at his mercy and he has shown during his ownership that he either does not care about or has no idea how to win a world series.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

I certainly hope he is. Arte doesn't sign pitchers to long term deals and likes the 1 year deals which have not worked out but he is still doing that once again. I still have no idea how he can year after year do the exact same thing and be happy with bad results. Oh well. Again, we are at his mercy and he has shown during his ownership that he either does not care about or has no idea how to win a world series.

Haha. Arte is the guy telling his GM to sign pitchers to one year deals?  That’s not true.  That’s some lazy fan shit. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's better to just accept the roster as it is outside of maybe a couple more free agent signings at RP and RF. 

That said, this team could be much better in 2021 than in 2020. 

Hoping the 17-12 finish in 2020 reflects that 

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

On 12/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, beatlesrule said:

Dodged a bullet. I have stated all along Cole is not worth that. Some here were ADAMANT and 100% sure the Angels were getting Cole. I am so glad you were 100% wrong.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

So did the Angels sign Cole? Longest contracts Arte has given a pticher? 5 years right? Weaver and Wilson and that's it. Last time the Angels won a playoff game? Last time they got to the playoffs? Not sure what your point is exactly.