• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you have a second MLB team that your root for?

Chuck

If so, who is it? 

Many of you know my second team has always been the San Diego Padres and they have been looking really good this year. So that's my team and I'm super stoked they've gone back to the brown and yellow jerseys/hats. I gotta order one, I just have my blue Padres hat. 

67251071_10219401034753048_6241531171302277120_n (2).jpg

Who's your second team or who you'll be rooting for down the stretch and during the playoffs besides the Halos?

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

I've been telling all my dumbass Dodger friends for years that the Padres are going to eventually be a very good team with all their talent in the organization but they kept saying how much of a poverty franchise they will always be. I'm definitely rooting for them right now.

I think they would be much better with Bundy in their rotation 😉 

I like to root for the Pirates. They have cool jerseys. I like to root for the underdogs so I do see myself pulling for the A’s in the playoffs but I don’t think they’re underdogs this year so fuck them. And yeah I will be rooting for the Padres in the playoffs this year. Love the team they’re putting out there.

In the summer of 2002, I traveled around the country and caught as many Angels games as I could. The nicest opposing fans (by a wide margin) were Kansas City. And Kauffman is really an underrated ballpark. (They used to have a Gates BBQ stand but I think it's been gone for over a decade.) 

So I liked the Royals for years... until 2014. 

Just now, Revad said:

Seriously this is how desperate we are

No. I have always said I'm a baseball fan first, Angels fan second. 

That being said I've always had a secondary team to follow besides my first love, the Halos! 

There's nothing wrong with that. 

14 minutes ago, Revad said:

Bullshit chuck you run this site

I have no idea what this means? 

You can't be an Angels fan and root for another team, like baseball outside of just the Angels? 

I've been playing in a Dynasty Fantasy Baseball league for over 25 years, so I like following players/prospects of all teams as well. 

It's OK to root for a different team and other players, @Revad

Most here already know..

1564471981_download(5).jpeg.667d1edee93fdd3feacb394853c2ac1a.jpeg

I grew up in Huntington Beach, but spent part of every summer with my aunt who lived in walking distance to Wrigley. She worked and would leave me money to go spend the day at the game...Williams Santo Banks Jenkins and the friendly confines. Started going to Anaheim when it opened in 66 but it was SO much different from the rowdy, intense game experience that I was used to at Wrigley. WGN and daily Cubs games were soon available and so I kept both teams as lifelong loves...and now have had the experience of both teams winning it all.
Baseball has been berry berry good to me!   

Cubs.  

lived in Chicago for several years and my wife is from there.  Inlaws all still live there

but I will never have the same emotional attachment for them as I do the Angels.  

I've lived and breathed Angels baseball for over 40 years.  I was at the the Dave Henderson game in 1986 as a 14 year old and cried in car on the way home.  

One of my most vivid memories was as a 10 year old at the 82 playoff series vs. Milwaukee.   My dad brought me and we sat above the CF tunnel.  That's when the heartbreak started.  

In 2002 I was in my residency and in CA for a wedding during the WS.  Game 6 was at my friends wedding and almost the entire party f'd off to a separate room to watch the game.  I came out after Percival locked it down to find my friend, the groom, passed out on the floor of the bar in a corner with his new wife standing over him saying 'You ruined my wedding' .  They were divorced two moths later.  My dad had two tics to game 7 and instead of going to the game I chose to fly back to milwaukee because I was on call the next day.   Worst decision ever.    I was on the plane during the game and they had the feed going through the audio system.  It cut out in the 7th inning so I had to sit there and wait to find out what happened.  An hour later the pilot came on and announced that the Angels won the world series.  The entire crowd stood up and cheered while I had tears streaming down my face.  

Outside of the important people in my life, there isn't much else that evokes such an emotional response as the Angels.