• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?

kevinb

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season?

17 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Dombrowski would be like Super Dipoto. Angels may be good for a year or 2 but then it'll be a disaster for years after. Tigers the last handful of seasons and now currently the Red Sox as examples of what would await this team.

At this point, I would settle for "good for one year."

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wonder if they noticed the Yankees and Angels have won the same number of WS titles this century..... One, which is one more than the Rays.  I mean, it's all about the rings according to Yankee fans, right? Btw, TB.  Same number of playoff appearances since 2014 as the Angels...  One. 

Much fun! Many laughs!   

I’m just surprised that Clod believes that Albert and Upton are still huge stars.  
The Yankees are wasting Judges prime. 

13 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Yes they were wasted. It’s not saying they weren’t great because they were. But they didn’t put a championship team around them and that’s being wasted. You can say the same thing for numerous other great players. Winning is what matters. If you don’t put a great team around your best guy you’re wasting his career. Think LeBron and his first time in Cleveland. 

Basketball is very different from baseball.

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Did the franchise need complete rebuilding? I don't think so.

Absolutely yes.  No international presence, no farm system, no 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, left fielder or catcher.  No bullpen.  And all the starters were injured.  Also no money to spend at the time.  So yes. 

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So I guess if everyone is noticing is now a fact then I guess Upton and Albert are still huge stars.  That’s good to hear. 

They sure are treated as such. Have you listened to Gubi. Just look at thier giant posters at the stadium entrance. 

If this was a "normal" baseball season and the Angels' performance was this poor over a 70-game stretch and showed no sign of possible improvement over the remaining 92 games, it would be tough to justify a contract extension for Eppler.

But this is not a "normal" season. There's probably a lot less money coming in and a 1-year extension for Eppler might look attractive when compared with looking for a new front office with no certainty of what happens in February.

36 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Basketball is very different from baseball.

I mean yes they are two different sports. But if you are trying to say it's because baseball has more guys on a field than baseball players so championships don't matter I disagree. Football has more guys on the field and championships matter a huge deal to football players as well. I don't want to assume your age so I won't but for the longest time Barry Sanders was viewed as an all time great RB and still is to this day, it was him and Emmitt Smith and to a lesser degree Thurman Thomas through out the 90s. I just recall people back then and even today talking about how much of a dumpster fire Detroit is and how much they wasted Sanders with not getting him a team to make it to the playoffs continuously. Would you agree or disagree with that statement? 

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I mean yes they are two different sports. But if you are trying to say it's because baseball has more guys on a field than baseball players so championships don't matter I disagree. Football has more guys on the field and championships matter a huge deal to football players as well. I don't want to assume your age so I won't but for the longest time Barry Sanders was viewed as an all time great RB and still is to this day, it was him and Emmitt Smith and to a lesser degree Thurman Thomas through out the 90s. I just recall people back then and even today talking about how much of a dumpster fire Detroit is and how much they wasted Sanders with not getting him a team to make it to the playoffs continuously. Would you agree or disagree with that statement? 

One players impact in football or basketball is much more significant than in baseball. 

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

There is no narrative that Williams or Griffey or Bonds Or Gwynn careers were wasted.  They just never won a championship.  We ALL want to see The Angels win a championship but the notion he’s being wronged or his career was wasted is some victim narrative that didn’t exist years ago.  

that's not true, they talked about gwynn being wasted in san diego in the exact same fashion. the problem isn't even specifically not winning a championship, it's never going to the post season.

all time talents that only play in the regular season on losing teams is very reasonably criticized as wasted. don't like it? field better teams, no ones keeping them from doing that.

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

that's not true, they talked about gwynn being wasted in san diego in the exact same fashion. the problem isn't even specifically not winning a championship, it's never going to the post season.

all time talents that only play in the regular season on losing teams is very reasonably criticized as wasted. don't like it? field better teams, no ones keeping them from doing that.

Yea, I don’t remember anyone saying Gwynn was wasted or Bonds was wasted or Griffey.  Maybe it is a shame that they never won one, but never where they were victims like people want to claim Trout is.  

26 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I do believe the reason is how many players there are, so I would liken baseball to football. It's much harder in those sports to organize a winning team so it would be more likely to field a championship around your superstars. In that vein, I don't think Trout's years have been wasted.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I don’t remember anyone saying Gwynn was wasted or Bonds was wasted or Griffey.  Maybe it is a shame that they never won one, but never where they were victims like people want to claim Trout is.

Gwynn made the playoffs 3x (2 WS), Griffey 3x, and Bonds 7x (1 WS). Trout’s performance up until this point has been wasted no matter how you slice it. 

Angels better get going for them to even be on the Griffey Mariners level of disappointment. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Gwynn made the playoffs 3x (2 WS), Griffey 3x, and Bonds 7x (1 WS). Trout’s performance up until this point has been wasted no matter how you slice it. 

Angels better get going for them to even be on the Griffey Mariners level of disappointment. 

Ok. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

How can you possibly spin that Trout’s career isn’t being wasted? Do you just love being the contrarian? 

I’m just not someone who plays the victim card and saying his career is being wasted is just pretending that he’s a victim or that us fans are victims.