• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?

kevinb

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season?

10613123.jpg

I didn’t think it was possible the Angels would be this bad. So I never thought Epplers job was in jeopardy this season. Now that we’ve seen them play like hot garbage early on. If this keeps up and nothing changes do you think that Eppler will be employed by the Angels next season? I for one think I’ve changed my mind. I think if this season continues like this. He is likely done here. And may not make it through the season. 

There was a discussion in the gameday thread but I'll put my thoughts here as well. Going into this shortened season, I thought the only way Eppler's job would be in jeopardy is if the team performance was a catastrophic disaster. On paper I thought there way no way in hell that would happen. Fast forward to today and here we are. Eppler's job is in jeopardy. I'm a huge Eppler guy and even I think his job might be in jeopardy. I do feel for him though and feel like the team is letting him down. On paper this team is good enough to at least hover around .500. I didn't see Upton sucking this bad and Ohtani regressing the way he has.

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

His contract is up after this year right? With how this season is going, he probably won't be back. I'm terrified of the thought of Arte bringing Dombrowski in as GM

Where is this rumor coming from. I’ve never heard he was interested in coming here or had any ties to Arte...

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thing is, they need an owner who knows how important quality FO people are.

They need an owner that is willing to spend money on pitching for both the rotation and bullpen.  They also need an owner who lets the GM do their job and stops interfering all the time.

Edited by VariousCrap

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Where is this rumor coming from. I’ve never heard he was interested in coming here or had any ties to Arte...

Not Arte, but Tony La Russa, who is now a special advisor with the team. He worked with Dombrowski in Boston. Also, we know Arte loves names and Dombrowski is a name GM

Hello everyone this is my first post on this page (although I read a lot of posts on here)  but I'm going to introduce myself to this group by saying I hope and pray Eppler does not come back next year. I think 5 years of this team finishing well below .500 should indicate this direction isn't working. The team appears to be going nowhere- and actually looks like they;re going backward to be honest. Honestly I don't think this organization can take 2 more years of Billy Eppler at the helm with the disasters we've had on the field the last 2 years. He's failed and needs to be replaced. That is the one thing I hope comes out of this disastrous season. There really is nowhere to go but up at this point. At least I hope lol. 

5 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

chance are decreasing every game we don't win.

But god i hope we don't get Dombrowski...This team is no where ready to sell of all its prosepcts. 

3 organizations i would looks towards and grabing a gm from,

Clevland- since that can devlop arms

Dodgers: there basically a cheat code

Tampa- Development.

I’d offer every personnel l guy in the Dodgers organization a raise to come to OC. 

31 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Not Arte, but Tony La Russa, who is now a special advisor with the team. He worked with Dombrowski in Boston. Also, we know Arte loves names and Dombrowski is a name GM

Dumbrowski would permanently destroy this franchise.

That’s why he is really a terrible owner.   All he seemingly cares about is marketing, and not about winning.

Sell the team, Moreno!

No more owners who made a fortune in marketing!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I actually feel sorry for Epplers, seemed like he wanted to do something special here But for some reason, be it the development side, the health side or something not getting focused on, he wasnt able to. 

He got us an Ace in Ohtani, just who cant stay healthy 

He developed a 2/3 in Canning, yet he also cant stay healthy

Improved the minor league system with what he had.

He had guys like Richard's and Henaey who had good stuff,yet kept on getting injured/ regressing.

He had a few bad Signings, what they weren't horrundes ( upton might be one).

I've been thinking about this for awhile and am starting to wonder if it's something  else or someone beyond eppler. Are we lacking the development Technology? is it something with the development/health part... 

it's been the same thing for a decade and nothing seems to change.

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I actually feel sorry for Epplers, seemed like he wanted to do something special here But for some reason, be it the development side, the health side or something not getting focused on, he wasnt able to. 

He got us an Ace in Ohtani, just who cant stay healthy 

He developed a 2/3 in Canning, yet he also cant stay healthy

Improved the minor league system with what he had.

He had guys like Richard's and Henaey who had good stuff,yet kept on getting injured/ regressing.

He had a few bad Signings, what they weren't horrundes ( upton might be one).

I've been thinking about this for awhile and am starting to wonder if it's something  else or someone beyond eppler. Are we lacking the development Technology? is it something with the development/health part... 

it's been the same thing for a decade and nothing seems to change.

He came into a shitty situation with an expensive and bad team with little impact MLB talent outside of Trout, and one of the worst farm systems anybody had seen in years. Add in the fact that with this owner and with Trout on the roster, a full blown rebuild was out of the question, so any digging out of this hole would take years.

20 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

He came into a shitty situation with an expensive and bad team with little impact MLB talent outside of Trout, and one of the worst farm systems anybody had seen in years. Add in the fact that with this owner and with Trout on the roster, a full blown rebuild was out of the question, so any digging out of this hole would take years.

Plus Moreno likely doesn’t pay attention to important things like scouting.

26 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

It’s been 5 years now, and they look worse now than in 2016.

Yeah, even with giving him some leeway the first few years having to navigate this crap roster and Arte pinching pennies, there's really no reason for the pitching to not have any semblance of improvement to it. It really shouldn't be this hard to develop some quality relievers at least....and yet this team has none.