• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?

kevinb

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season?

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But had a big influence on whether Trout wanted to be here. 

Sure but at the time of his extension he was happy with the direction of the franchise and he got the money he asked for. Now that he has his guaranteed money there is nothing to prevent him from asking for a trade if they don’t get their act together. 

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

GOOD

Vlad

Hunter

Trout extension one

Trout extension two

Rendon

BAD

Wells

Hamilton

Albert

Upton 

So 5 or 9

CJ Wilson? Garry Matthews Jr? Steve Finley? the list goes on and on

quit being a turd stradling

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, but when someone, not you, has a history of creating false narratives on the daily, might as well call them out for it.  

Fair enough. At the end of the day, I’m at a loss with this organization about what is wrong and guessing is all we can do. Maybe no one knows? It seems like very little that they do works out and it sucks. Especially having Trout and watching his career get wasted. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Fair enough. At the end of the day, I’m at a loss with this organization about what is wrong and guessing is all we can do. Maybe no one knows? It seems like very little that they do works out and it sucks. Especially having Trout and watching his career get wasted. 

I Love Trout.  My favorite player of all time.  His career is not getting wasted.  Sure it would be wonderful if he won a championship as an Angel.  But the reality is most players don’t win a World Series.  There have been many great players before him that never won.  Bonds career was not wasted.  Ted Williams career was not wasted.  

Just now, NrM said:

straddling is even defending Arte Moreno in here... this dude would defend Hitler if he batted cleanup for the Angels.

I am not defending him.  Quite frankly I am simply stating the facts.  If his record, including signing Trout to extensions, is bad, then so be it.  But it absolutely should be part of the story of his big money spending.  If it isn’t then you are being disingenuous.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My belief is the big spending with or without Trout has been awful.  But not including Trout is not telling the whole story.  Tell the whole story and let it speak for itself.  

Pujols and Hamilton will probably go down as two of the worst contracts of all time when it's all said and done.  There's no defending arte.

Dont have a problem with big money spending. Problem I have is, if your going to throw money at one player, dont randomly close your check book after that. 

My issue with this team involves the following;  are we behind the development or the technology advanced that other teams have made? What about the Health part? every year, something goes wrong with our pitcher, and I mean like a serious injury. For other teams its random, once every few years. yet with us, its each year we have a or multiple serious injury.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I didn’t think it was possible the Angels would be this bad. So I never thought Epplers job was in jeopardy this season. Now that we’ve seen them play like hot garbage early on. If this keeps up and nothing changes do you think that Eppler will be employed by the Angels next season? I for one think I’ve changed my mind. I think if this season continues like this. He is likely done here. And may not make it through the season. 

i don't know if i believe either yes or no, but i definitely can understand this post. i wouldn't be shocked if he's out, but i'd be terrified of who arte brings in. carpino isn't going anywhere imo.

until arte gets real on letting someone from the friedman tree start building a baseball systems tree, i just don't see it happening here in any sustained way. i hate to be defeatist, but it just seems like too many things have gone wrong for too long.

it's shocking that a team spending this much money can be this bad.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I Love Trout.  My favorite player of all time.  His career is not getting wasted.  Sure it would be wonderful if he won a championship as an Angel.  But the reality is most players don’t win a World Series.  There have been many great players before him that never won.  Bonds career was not wasted.  Ted Williams career was not wasted.  

Yes they were wasted. It’s not saying they weren’t great because they were. But they didn’t put a championship team around them and that’s being wasted. You can say the same thing for numerous other great players. Winning is what matters. If you don’t put a great team around your best guy you’re wasting his career. Think LeBron and his first time in Cleveland.