• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?

kevinb

Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eppler be employed by the Angels next season?

50 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Dumbrowski would permanently destroy this franchise.

That’s why he is really a terrible owner.   All he seemingly cares about is marketing, and not about winning.

Sell the team, Moreno!

No more owners who made a fortune in marketing!

Bingo. Arte cares about his 3M fans and his development deal. He’s a shitty owner, but to the casual Angel fan or the nutswingers, he’s not the problem because he spends money! 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yep, Rendon is killing us. 

Has Rendon been an answer to anything? Yeah, he’s great, but that $ could go to a lot of other needs, especially when we have boatloads tied up already in worthless players on the offensive side of the ball. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

Has Rendon been an answer to anything? Yeah, he’s great, but that $ could go to a lot of other needs, especially when we have boatloads tied up already in worthless players on the offensive side of the ball. 

Well he’s a great offensive player.  No reason to diminish him because the pitching is shitty. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

My take on Arte at this point is be careful what you wish for. 

That’s fine. He’s brought us 10 years of pretty mediocre baseball in which we’ve watched an all time great’s career circle down the toilet in terms of organizational success. How could it get much worse? 

We were good from ‘03-‘10, but let’s not act like Arte came in and turned things around. Bill Stoneman was the guy that got shit done. 

Can someone help my memory? How did the transition away from Stoneman happen? And who’s call was Reagins? 

Just now, robblin17 said:

That’s fine. He’s brought us 10 years of pretty mediocre baseball in which we’ve watched an all time great’s career circle down the toilet in terms of organizational success. How could it get much worse? 

We were good from ‘03-‘10, but let’s not act like Arte came in and turned things around. Bill Stoneman was the guy that got shit done. 

Can someone help my memory? How did the transition away from Stoneman happen? And who’s call was Reagins? 

Well it can get worse by Arte selling and an owner paying market value, which is $2 billion.  Now the owner has debt.   So payroll will go down or ticket prices will go crazy just to cover the same payroll. 

2 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

This team needs talent in the worst way, so I don't fault them for adding Rendon. Remember, their 3B situation was garbage last year and has been ever since Figgins left. When the opportunity presents itself to get good players, go get them. They still need more of them, and specifically on the pitching side. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well it can get worse by Arte selling and an owner paying market value, which is $2 billion.  Now the owner has debt.   So payroll will go down or ticket prices will go crazy just to cover the same payroll. 

High payroll does not correlate to wins. I’ll pay for wins vs. shiny objects. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Steve Ballmer could buy the team with cash.   And not being a marketing guy, maybe he would actually pay attention to things other than big splashes, like scouting and development, and not relying too much on big splashes.

Just now, Stradling said:

GOOD

Vlad

Hunter

Trout extension one

Trout extension two

Rendon

BAD

Wells

Hamilton

Albert

Upton 

So 5 or 9

I’m looking at outside big money acquisitions.

That’s where I come up with actually only 3 out of 8 (including Colon, who only delivered for 1.5 out of 5 seasons).

That’s 1 for 5 after Hunter, not good in any book.

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This team needs talent in the worst way, so I don't fault them for adding Rendon. Remember, their 3B situation was garbage last year and has been ever since Figgins left. When the opportunity presents itself to get good players, go get them. They still need more of them, and specifically on the pitching side. 

Our 3rd base situation was garbage for like the past 10 years

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

I’m looking at outside big money acquisitions.

That’s where I come up with actually only 3 out of 8 (including Colon, who only delivered for 1.5 out of 5 seasons).

That’s 1 for 5 after Hunter, not good in any book.

Well if you aren’t going to count Trout’s extensions then you can’t count Upton. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

GOOD

Vlad

Hunter

Trout extension one

Trout extension two

Rendon

BAD

Wells

Hamilton

Albert

Upton 

So 5 or 9

Counting Trout’s extensions doesn’t really make sense and it’s too early on Rendon. I like that deal, but who knows with players over 30. We know how that goes. We were mostly happy with the Upton extension as well.  

Trying to spin Arte’s “big splash” signings into anything but catastrophic is pretty funny.