• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Down to the wire

When you buy an asset it’s not a guarantee that it’ll return a profit.  If the owners absorb a loss this season then they absorb a loss.  That’s what happens when you invest sometimes.  Who gives a shit.  At this point I’ve come to accept that there may not be a season.  If they decide they’d rather cut their losses then play ball so be it.  That’s their right I guess.  But I’m not holding it against the players that they demand their agreed upon contracts.  I’ll be ready to watch on tv and visit the Big A when I can.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Looks like people will be able to poop on the Yankees too....  A Judge ordered Manfred's letter detailing that investigation be unsealed despite the Yankees claims it will tarnish their reputation

If people thought the only team doing sign stealing were the Astros I don’t know what to tell you. It’d be like saying company A is the only company trying to find loop holes in the tax system. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

The thing I hate most about this is the delay in shitting all over the Astros.

The best thing would be Mookie Betts never playing an inning for the Dodgers and walking into FA.

22 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is another reason why baseball should just pull the plug on 2020 and begin to reinvent itself. Major League Baseball needs to take the time to put these fires out and work on a new CBA. 

Baseball needs a time of healing. The cheating, drug usage, sticky baseballs, juiced baseballs, bad umpiring, replay reviews, division realignment, travel schedules can all get addressed in one big swoop if they really want to make baseball better than it ever was. They have a perfect excuse (pandemic) in place to get it done. The players and owners need to get on the same page. Now would be a perfect time. Wasteful, imposed, fan-less games will just delay what could be the best opportunity to fix the game from top to bottom. IMHO they're focused on the wrong thing. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Baseball heals through playing the game.  

Look at the crap they've created while they were playing the game. They need to fix it for good. Rule changes need to be made. Players and owners need to held accountable. They have such a unique opportunity to take the time to do that right now. They can accomplish so much without throwing a pitch. I would love nothing more than to see a completely reinvented league with new divisions and a new playoff format. 

Edited by RendZone

Claude it’s very obvious from reading ten years of your posts that you don’t really like professional baseball so you having these opinions are a surprise to no one.  I encourage you to take this year off but please spare us your nonsense. The game will never be what YOU want it to be.   You hate ownership except when you don’t.  You hate players who’ve earned big contracts, except when you don’t.  You love the Yankees but hate the teams that cheat.   You love the Angels yet hate everything about them.   So feel free to do us all a solid and take this season off.  We will enjoy baseball as even with its warts is still the best game in the world.  See you next year. 

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Claude it’s very obvious from reading ten years of your posts that you don’t really like professional baseball so you having these opinions are a surprise to no one.  I encourage you to take this year off but please spare us your nonsense. The game will never be what YOU want it to be.   You hate ownership except when you don’t.  You hate players who’ve earned big contracts, except when you don’t.  You love the Yankees but hate the teams that cheat.   You love the Angels yet hate everything about them.   So feel free to do us all a solid and take this season off.  We will enjoy baseball as even with its warts is still the best game in the world.  See you next year. 

You like to make it personal. My point on today’s baseball dilemma wasn’t directed at you. The state of the game is not my fault or yours. Baseball is the greatest game but it needs a lot of work. This is the best opportunity for the entire league to do some major changes. You’re too focused on “I want baseball, and I want it now”. Be careful for what you wish for. 

I also want to see baseball but I’d be willing to wait for a better day with fans included, an improved foundation with fully funded players and zero pandemic. I honestly wish that they could just take the necessary time to get it right. The players aren’t happy so money is their only motivation. Not good. 

On 6/13/2020 at 1:41 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Looks like people will be able to poop on the Yankees too....  A Judge ordered Manfred's letter detailing that investigation be unsealed despite the Yankees claims it will tarnish their reputation

What a laughable thing. “We cheated but we don’t want anyone in the public to think less of us for it.” Idiots.