• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Down to the wire

They won't. Players are already mocking the proposal on Twitter. One said it was rejected before they hit the send button.

Again, while the owners are being tough in these negotiations the players are becoming assholes. 

They're already making a shit ton of $$$ to play a kids game, meanwhile the owners are standing to lose a ton of money here with no fans in attendance. 

Dumb! 

I think no 2020 season hurts the players more than the owners.  Attendance took almost a decade to recover from the 94 strike and with the current CBA set to expire after next season with revenues down the owners will use that to their advantage when negotiating.  FA's are likely get less due to decreased revenues.  Like I said in the other thread I don't hold it against one side or the other it is what it is and at this point it isn't going to ruin my day.  Sure won't look good though if the NHL and NBA finish out their seasons while the NFL pulls there's off. 

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They won't. Players are already mocking the proposal on Twitter. One said it was rejected before they hit the send button.

Again, while the owners are being tough in these negotiations the players are becoming assholes. 

They're already making a shit ton of $$$ to play a kids game, meanwhile the owners are standing to lose a ton of money here with no fans in attendance. 

Dumb! 

Nobody comes to watch owners play. Artie a smart business man paid 160 mill for team now worth over 2 billion. I cannot feel sorry for the owners losing money. Owners making ton of money watching fans over pay food, beer, parking and tickets. Players have very short playing careers, screw the owners.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Nobody comes to watch owners play. Artie a smart business man paid 160 mill for team now worth over 2 billion. I cannot feel sorry for the owners losing money. Owners making ton of money watching fans over pay food, beer, parking and tickets. Players have very short playing careers, screw the owners.

The players very short careers eclipse the earnings of every front office staff member for their long careers. I feel no sympathy for any player that makes the MLB minimum and cries poverty. 

They should reject it.  The problem the players are having though is that they need to SHUT-THE-F-UP.  Going into bunker mode and let your lawyers/PA do the talking behind the scenes.  Anyone commenting/etc. on social media and/or thru media is losing the fan war.  It's tone deaf in this economic environment.  How many owners are we hearing from complaining about the players and the terms of the negotiations?  They don't....and that's why they will ultimately come out the winners.  

If anything, they should just be saying we want to play and help the economy and country get back.  That's at most what they should say.  Anymore beyond is a losing proposition for them. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The players very short careers eclipse the earnings of every front office staff member for their long careers. I feel no sympathy for any player that makes the MLB minimum and cries poverty. 

Players not crying poverty just want their share. Front office staff should have learned to hit a curve ball. I can do a front office staff job. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Players not crying poverty just want their share. Front office staff should have learned to hit a curve ball. I can do a front office staff job. 

Then why aren't you working in a front office?

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

But Manfred said he was 100% sure there is going to be a season.

He meant that he was willing to impose a season, as he can do under the March agreement....likely coming Monday with the players rejecting this latest offer...unless the players come back with some serious discussion likely to lead to an agreement quickly....

I'd take scab ball at this point.  For sure.  But I wish they could just find middle ground dammit.  I'd take a job right now for half my previous salary.  And both sides here blow their nose with less than that.  Frankly, it's pretty offensive the greed involved right now.  Spoiled brats on both sides.  Cry me a river.  Try living on unemployment, trying to support your family and pay a mortgage, while you apply for the same jobs over and over since nothing is open and hiring.  And you rich aholes are gonna cry about playing a game?  Neither side is coming off looking very good to me.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dumb! 

Owners are not losing money, they just aren't making the same money they have been the last several years.

The players are under no obligation to take a pay cut, even though they already have agreed to take a roughly 50% reduction. The owners have threatened to impose a 50 game season because that is the number that locks in their television contracts. Every offer since has been for additional games at the same total pay. The only ground the owners have given is offered increasing amounts of pay for the postseason, which has come in exchange for the players agreeing to expanded playoffs.