• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

Is he really turning up the crazy...or is it the fact that he's not running against like minded people in a Republican primary starting to become apparent. The same act that wins the Republican primary has a totally different audience when it comes to the general election. Media isn't looking at it through the Republican primary lens either. He certainly is getting a lot more scrutiny and questioning...dumb ass statements that went unchallenged suddenly get some push back and that leads to him double down on the stupid. I think that's just who he is....the hope for Republicans was that he would adjust and it looks like, at least for now, he's decided not to.

dumbass statements went unchallenged? lol

he's a reckless manchild. however, the republican party may have hoped for him to change, but his supporters don't seem to care. his anti-political norm behavior is what they like 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

so you're ok with Hillary lying to the victims' families? 

Or, are you in agreement with Hillary:"what does it matter"? 

What are you talking about with her lying to the victims' family?

You are totally fine with Trump lying consistently in every speech he gives to his supporters in order to inflate his self worth and candidacy?

since we're on the subject of the libs not answering questions, I'll try again. 

what specifically are Hillary's accomplishments as a Senator and Secretary of State? 

i anxiously await your avoidance 

Edited by Lou

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

Is he really turning up the crazy...or is it the fact that he's not running against like minded people in a Republican primary starting to become apparent. The same act that wins the Republican primary has a totally different audience when it comes to the general election. Media isn't looking at it through the Republican primary lens either. He certainly is getting a lot more scrutiny and questioning...dumb ass statements that went unchallenged suddenly get some push back and that leads to him double down on the stupid. I think that's just who he is....the hope for Republicans was that he would adjust and it looks like, at least for now, he's decided not to.

Lot more scrutiny and questioning? He's been a media black hole for at least 6 months so I don't see that as an realistic option. I can't see anything magically changing after accepting the nomination. The general public has long since known who their choices were going to be.

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

Or, are you in agreement with Hillary:"what does it matter"? 

well, context certainly does matter. Do you think it's more important to figure out talking points or identifying what happened and doing what can be done to prevent it from happening again?

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

don't worry, Nate, nobody here actually expects you to answer the question. 

Well until you explain to me wtf you mean by her lying to the parents of the Benghazi soldiers parents you definitely can't expect an answer since I have no clue what you are talking about.

The answer to the other question?  I don't know, I assume the same could be asked about most of the presidents we have had.  They are part of legislation and policy etc.  She was secretary  of state during a war and senator of one of the most populated places on earth.

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

since we're on the subject of the libs not answering questions, I'll try again. 

what specifically are Hillary's accomplishments as a Senator and Secretary of State? 

i anxiously await your avoidance 

There was 4 days worth of convention, lots of speakers talked about her lifestory, including time as Senator and Secretary of State. Since you seem to be really interested, here's a link and you can peruse some video.

https://www.c-span.org/DemocraticNationalConvention

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Lot more scrutiny and questioning? He's been a media black hole for at least 6 months so I don't see that as an realistic option. I can't see anything magically changing after accepting the nomination. The general public has long since known who their choices were going to be.

Yes, he has been a media black hole, but I think the media is covering his statements in a broader sense and not just the prism of the Republican primary. Media focuses on what is easy, the horse race...so they cover him talking about his dick size about how it impacts the Republican party, his immigrant bashing as how it plays to the Republican party, etc. The audience has expanded and I think the coverage is expanding as well. His schtick hasn't changed, but how it is being covered has - this man is 1 of 2 people who have a realistic chance to be president.

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yes, he has been a media black hole, but I think the media is covering his statements in a broader sense and not just the prism of the Republican primary. Media focuses on what is easy, the horse race...so they cover him talking about his dick size about how it impacts the Republican party, his immigrant bashing as how it plays to the Republican party, etc. The audience has expanded and I think the coverage is expanding as well. His schtick hasn't changed, but how it is being covered has - this man is 1 of 2 people who have a realistic chance to be president.

But I think that has been the case for a few months. I think Jon Oliver described his "gaffes" best as a bed of nails. One is terrible but you can lay comfortably on a 1000. I mean for months the media has struggled on keeping up with all of them. But even given all that it seems more intense this week. He is in full IDGAF mode (compared to what we thought was full IDGAF mode previously but clearly was only 1/2 IDGAFs)  which is extraordinary since the US Presidency would otherwise be there for the taking.

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Hillary is such an exciting candidate.  I mean it should be easy to express how great she is and her awesome accomplishments.

Waiting for nate/red to talk badly about a guy nobody likes anyways.

Haven't they acknowledged repeatedly already that Hillary is a terrible candidate? Do we have anyone on this board at all the is full "I'm with her"? I thought we had "Well she'll nominate less terrible SC justices and not be Donald Trump". Similar to the 2016 Angels fans' "Well they'll get some good prospects when they trade off talent.".*

/I'll be back in a few after crying a bit.

Yeah...Lou is really worried about her record and accomplishments...as if we haven't watched him try and troll people on message boards for over a decade.

She is not the most glamorous candidate, and if there were other candidates outside of Sanders I might have ultimately chosen to support one of them, but she has a long and varied history and at a minimum she's someone I would trust to run the country for the next 4 years and not roll back a lot of progress I think we have made with the Obama administration. 

8 years playing a key role in Bill Clinton's administration, including the ultimately failed healthcare reform which did lead to CHIP program (Children's healthcare expansion)

* CHIP program

* Promoted immunization in children

* Promoted work that helped lead to identification of Gulf War Syndrome

10 years as what most people view a very successful term has Senator, and 3+ years as Secretary of State in what saw the US improve their standing in the world after 8 years of the Bush Administration. By themselves those are all qualifying items.

You want some history on her term as Senator...here are some, including working across the aisle in a bi-partisan manner

* Played a key role in working across the aisle for 9/11 first responder funding

* Instrumental in getting 9/11 rebuilding funds

* Worked to increase survivor benefits

* Expanded healthcare for National guard members

* Worked on the Budget and Armed Services Committees

* Helped change drug labeling laws to identify impact on children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_career_of_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton

http://correctrecord.org/the-points/attack-right-wing-ignores-hillary-clintons-achievements-as-senator/

You want some history on her time as SoS and some accomplishments

* Played key role in decision to kill Bin Laden

* Played key role in policies regarding Egypt and Libya

* Management of State Department at time we increased exports to China by 50%

* Key role in Copenhagen climate agreement

* Principal author of sanctions against Iran that brought them to negotiating table

* Helped lay groundwork for normalizing relations with Cuba

* Made gender equality a priority of US foreign policy

* Negotiated cease-fire in Gaza

* Helped secure START treaty ratification

* Visited and built relationships in 112 countries

* Helped transform State Department to prioritize helping US companies win business overseas

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/carly-fiorina-debate-hillary-clintons-greatest-accomplishment-213157

I look forward to Lou going through the list, finding an item he may or may not agree with, and then continuing to waste everyone's time.