• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

5 hours ago, nate said:

What those parents went through is awful and it sucks being lied to.

Now you all should pull your head out of the sand and stop pretending that doesn't happen a hundred times a year.  Don't pretend like everyone's favorite Powell or Rice didn't do the same and every President, Secretary of State, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, etc hasn't done it as well.

FTR, my favorite was Cap Weinberger. George Schultz and his tiger tattoo come in a close second. Cordell Hull can go pound sand as far as i'm concerned.

The idea that Trump is going to nuke everyone is just another mainstream media meme designed to boost Hillary's chances of winning in November. They're going all out to defeat Trump. The bias would be obvious to a fifth grader.

The vast majority of the MSM executives, reporters, etc are Democrats. The system is indeed rigged. They don't report, but rather try to shape the results. 

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The idea that Trump is going to nuke everyone is just another mainstream media meme designed to boost Hillary's chances of winning in November. They're going all out to defeat Trump. The bias would be obvious to a fifth grader.

The vast majority of the MSM executives, reporters, etc are Democrats. The system is indeed rigged. They don't report, but rather try to shape the results. 

I have several friends that really hate Trump. When they are asked why this is their answer. They honestly feel he's going to use nukes. They seem to forget that we still have a congress that isn't going to be so quick to follow along with him.

14 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

I have several friends that really hate Trump. When they are asked why this is their answer. They honestly feel he's going to use nukes. They seem to forget that we still have a congress that isn't going to be so quick to follow along with him.

General Michael Hayden was on one of the news shows the other day and he made clear that you don't need approval from Congress to launch nukes. No checks and balances, it is designed for speed. Dropping an h-bomb is just one phone call away for the President. That probably doesn't do much to reassure your friends.

Apparently, according to Scarborough, Trump was asking about nukes:

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them,"

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

Not sure why Scarborough sat on this for "several months" if it's true.

1 hour ago, the_dude_abides said:

Apparently, according to Scarborough, Trump was asking about nukes:

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them,"

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

Not sure why Scarborough sat on this for "several months" if it's true.

A months old interview, with an unnamed source, being reported on MSNBC, trashing Trump's credibility...........sounds solid to me.

18 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Hillary is such an exciting candidate.  I mean it should be easy to express how great she is and her awesome accomplishments.

Waiting for nate/red to talk badly about a guy nobody likes anyways.

Clusterfuck in the dictionary just refers to 2016 Presidential race. 

32 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

A months old interview, with an unnamed source, being reported on MSNBC, trashing Trump's credibility...........sounds solid to me.

I was more implying that he sat on it for several months because until recently, Scarborough was Trump's lapdog.

He pretty much had to remove Trump's balls from his mouth whenever he spoke.

Scarborough is a clown, and certainly was one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders initially. At one point there was even talk he would be his VP choice. More of a sign of people realizing just what a disaster Trump would be in the Oval Office.

I'm just not sure the US system is setup to have more than 2 parties. Throughout history, there hasn't been a sustained 3rd party established. Maybe someone runs for president for a cycle or two, but that's about it. Realistically you have more of a re-alignment of the parties. In the seventies you saw the Republicans start to become more of a Southern party as the Democrats lost a lot of voters in the south as a result of their support of Civil Rights. I think what tends to happen is you see one of the two parties adjust if they start losing voters to a third party. Look at what happened in 2000, Nader had no chance to win, but he had a significant impact on the election. If he's not on the ballot in Florida, most likely Gore wins. That sticks in the mind of a lot of people. If the Libertarians (or Greens) pull a significant percentage, you are more likely to see one of the two parties start to try and pull those voters in...or, maybe the Republican party dissolves...but most of it ends up in the "Libertarian" party and you go back to having two parties again. The country is split 50/50 for the most part. A third party doesn't necessarily mean a 33 split, it probably means more like 45/30/25 split as the split will occur at the more extreme edge of the party. 

I think a possible scenario is you see a re-alignment of the two parties again. The more fiscally conservative, socially liberal white college voters that tended to vote Republican on fiscal issues start to vote more Democratic and they lower income/less educated white voters in the Rust Belt vote more Republican. This is not to say they are dumb...but the economic populism/anti-trade angle that Trump is playing has resonated with that group who has been hit very hard by manufacturing and coal job losses.