• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

maybe an advisor is finally getting in his ear and saying "look, you've lost significant ground in recent polls, party big shots aren't endorsing you, and more and more people are questioning your judgement. time to knock it off and start pulling the party together."

if i were his advisor, i'd shut down his twitter account yesterday, too.

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

I have underestimated Trump from day one, so I say this with a grain of salt, but I think Hillary is going kill him in the general election. America can't really be dumb enough to elect him.

The thing is.  There has not been one single debate between the two, hopefully three, wishfully 4 yet.  That's going to be who wins the election.  Because if Hillary comes off as a lying, elitist, witch.  It could turn on a dime. 

Sadly, it's anyone's election, because both major candidates are that bad.

13 hours ago, wopphil said:

I have underestimated Trump from day one, so I say this with a grain of salt, but I think Hillary is going kill him in the general election. America can't really be dumb enough to elect him.

She would absolutely take him apart in a debate. He speaks off the cuff, which isn't a great approach in a format that requires well thought out answers to questions.

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Sellout.

Trump, looking to right campaign ship, endorses Ryan, senators

But for once, probably a smart political move.

The anti-establishment candidate being told the establishment isn't happy with you so change.  And the sincerity with which he did it made me tear up. God bless this man. 

Historically I don't think debates have significantly impacted polls. Though in the case of Trump it could, it either reinforces the Twitter clown image or if he comes off as grasping issues and  competent it might reassure folks who are Trump curious but are worried he can't handle the job. 

43 minutes ago, red321 said:

Historically I don't think debates have significantly impacted polls. Though in the case of Trump it could, it either reinforces the Twitter clown image or if he comes off as grasping issues and  competent it might reassure folks who are Trump curious but are worried he can't handle the job. 

If he performs well, he could give himself a legitimate chance in November. If he remains himself, scratch that.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:11 PM, red321 said:

The first televised presidential debate swung the 1960 election as JFK went from trailing in the polls to leading while Nixon never recovered even though he looked better physically in the last 3 debates.  In this day and age Trump being a loudmouthed asshole may play to his advantage because that's what's gotten him this far but if they actually debate real issues that require a response that isn't fear mongering he should get destroyed.  

Sure but the vast majority are still going to gravitate to one of the two because that's who they'll end up voting for.  As crazy as it is to say Hillary is the lesser of two evils because she can at least conduct herself with some level of professionalism.  America loves itself some bad reality TV so Donnie has those fans along with some angry old white guys but all signs point towards Hillary coming off better when they go head to head. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Sure but the vast majority are still going to gravitate to one of the two because that's who they'll end up voting for.  As crazy as it is to say Hillary is the lesser of two evils because she can at least conduct herself with some level of professionalism.  America loves itself some bad reality TV so Donnie has those fans along with some angry old white guys but all signs point towards Hillary coming off better when they go head to head. 

I think Trump is going to try to get in her head, and try and get her on tilt.  Hopefully Johnson will be there to just say, you really want either of them?

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think Trump is going to try to get in her head, and try and get her on tilt.  Hopefully Johnson will be there to just say, you really want either of them?

I don't doubt it because barring her getting indicted or something else major happening that's his only hope.  He needs her to play his game to make her look bad and give himself a chance to appeal to more middle of the road voters.  She's a lifelong politician though so I expect her to not get pulled in and we watch Donnie unravel because he can't take criticism or actually put forth a coherent thought that doesn't involve blaming non-whites.  

I think Johnson will see a bump from the 2012 election but it will largely be from republicans who want nothing to do with Trump.

My guess is either:

1) The debates never happen because Trump won't agree to the debate rules

2) The first debate consists of Donald just being his typical loud and obnoxious self and the moderator constantly having to shut him down and then him boycotting future debates because of it.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

My guess is either:

1) The debates never happen because Trump won't agree to the debate rules

2) The first debate consists of Donald just being his typical loud and obnoxious self and the moderator constantly having to shut him down and then him boycotting future debates because of it.

I don't think this is too far off. I also would not be surprised to see him start clamoring for rule changes, additional participants, etc. The more people on the stage, especially if Jill Stein is on the stage taking shots at Hillary from the left, the better off it is for him.