• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There are millions of people going to work everyday in constant contact with strangers. Come fall, schools need to open up. If some teachers don't want to go to work they can be replaced.

You are underestimating how many teachers will need to be replaced due to being high risk, elderly, or having high risk or elderly at home. Schools are overcrowded and short of teachers as it is. Now they will have to social distance, meaning class size cut at least by half so 2x more teachers will be needed in an already short staffed field. Are you willing to volunteer as a replacement? 

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

You are underestimating how many teachers will need to be replaced due to being high risk, elderly, or having high risk or elderly at home. Schools are overcrowded and short of teachers as it is. Now they will have to social distance, meaning class size cut at least by half so 2x more teachers will be needed in an already short staffed field. Are you willing to volunteer as a replacement? 

Why would we need volunteers? This is a paying job.

It's funny because every time I go to the grocery store I see people working and interacting with others all day. These people aren't exactly in the peak of health either. What makes teachers better than them?

16 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Why would we need volunteers? This is a paying job.

It's funny because every time I go to the grocery store I see people working and interacting with others all day. These people aren't exactly in the peak of health either. What makes teachers better than them?

Volunteer to become a replacement teacher, because there will definitely be a shortage. You can make their salary

Grocery stores, at least the one I go to, have a partition and people are required to wear masks and keep 6 feet away from grocery workers working behind that partition. Unless you are ok with your kids teachers staying behind a wall sized partition all day(like a grocery store) and not get closer than 6 feet to your kids, and your kids being sent home if they don't wear their mask(like they would at a grocery store) I wouldn't compare a grocery store worker with a teacher. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Because we’re smarter than the average, um, smarterer person.

3 hours ago, tennischmp said:

It doesn't have to come back if the testing and contact tracing is good and people quarantine when they test positive or are contacted due to a possible exposure.

Problem now is that cases are so high it's impossible to contact trace every one

We can’t control the common cold (which is a coronavirus) and the flu 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I thought you said boycotts weren't the same as cancel culture.

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I thought you said boycotts weren't the same as cancel culture.

They are but the cancel culture is an attitude by an outrage mob. They are mad at Goya because they are working with Trump, just like they did with Obama. This has nothing to do with holding a corporation responsible for doing stupid shit. It's stupid, kind of like when Christie got backlash just because he thanked Obama for helping NJ during their hurricane.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

They are but the cancel culture is an attitude by an outrage mob. They are mad at Goya because they are working with Trump, just like they did with Obama. This has nothing to do with holding a corporation responsible for doing stupid shit. It's stupid, kind of like when Christie got backlash just because he thanked Obama for helping NJ during their hurricane.

This is one of the main problems in a nutshell, concur with the post.   EVERYTHING is politicized now.   We seem as a society to not be able to cross political lines to give respect where it's truly earned.   Question is, how does it get changed?     

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

While the cons are outraged over 5 people on twitter boycotting Goya Foods, Trump's administration just gave billions to the catholic church for molesting children. 

It was the Senate that created the $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. Trump only signed it. 

Again, you libs are idiot sheep. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It was the Senate that created the $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. Trump only signed it. 

Again, you libs are idiot sheep. 

The sheep calling others sheep. You sound like Trump.

Did you even read the article?

------------------------------------

Religious groups persuaded the Trump administration to free them from a rule that typically disqualifies an applicant with more than 500 workers. 

Without this preferential treatment, many Catholic dioceses would have been ineligible because -- between their head offices, parishes and other affiliates -- their employees exceed the 500-person cap.

In late April, after thousands of Catholic institutions had secured loans, several hundred Catholic leaders pressed for additional help on a call with President Trump. During the call, Trump underscored the coming presidential election and touted himself as the candidate best aligned with religious conservatives, boasting he was the “best (president) the Catholic church has ever seen,” according to Crux, an online publication that covers church-related news.

The lobbying paid off.