• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump is going to get liberals to start believing in states rights 

I'm curious how this works. Let's say Trump orders states to relax the stay at home mandate, and the state governor decides otherwise, what happens?

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I'm curious how this works. Let's say Trump orders states to relax the stay at home mandate, and the state governor decides otherwise, what happens?

Governor makes the decisions for his own state. Trump can recommend, but who would listen to that idiot anyways?

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Is like to think it would be up to the individual states but you have to imagine that the feds win that because interstate travel and commerce can spread this beyond state borders. It is a good question. 

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Governor makes the decisions for his own state. Trump can recommend, but who would listen to that idiot anyways?

Not on everything so I’d imagine the courts will get involved with numerous things stemming from this incident. Seems that there’s a lot of uncharted waters here 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not on everything so I’d imagine the courts will get involved with numerous things stemming from this incident. Seems that there’s a lot of uncharted waters here 

2. No, the president cannot simply order state and local officials to change their policies

Here we have issues that fall under the headings of both federalism and separation of powers. Let’s start with federalism.

Most readers will appreciate this already, but it needs to be said: Our constitutional order has a federal structure, meaning that (a) federal powers are supreme, yes, but limited in scope and (b) the state governments are independent entities, not mere subordinate layers under and within the federal government (that is, the federal-state relationship is not similar to the way that counties and cities are subordinate layers under the state governments).

What follows from this? The federal government cannot commandeer the machinery of the state governments (or, by extension, of local governments). That is, the federal government cannot coerce the states into taking actions to suit federal policy preference.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/can-federal-government-override-state-government-rules-social-distancing-promote-economy

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

The governor gets called a "libtard" by MAGA bros after Trump trashes him/her on Twitter.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/democrats-delayed-stimulus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

Democrats delayed stimulus bill to insert tighter ban on Trump family profiting

The Senate was about to approve the largest recovery bill in U.S. history on Wednesday night when Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hit pause, realizing something was missing — tighter language limiting the money President Donald Trump and his family would get from the stimulus.

Democrats and Republicans had already agreed to revise a clause that would bar money from going to Trump family-owned businesses during the novel-coronavirus outbreak, but that update was not in the final printed legislation, according to two people familiar with the situation.

For two hours, Schumer held up passage of the bill as the stricter language was inserted, the people said. The Senate passed the bill just before midnight.

“We told Republicans it was unacceptable to omit strict prohibitions on Trump businesses having access to the Treasury lending, as well as critical transparency measures, and that we would hold up the bill until they included them in the final text,” Schumer told POLITICO. “They relented and these important accountability provisions were successfully added to the final bill.”

I'm 100% OK with this. It's sad that this had to even be included. Trump is like a 5 year old who keeps sticking his hand in the cookie jar, so his parents have to install a lock on the cookie jar.

Edited by Taylor

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/democrats-delayed-stimulus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

I'm 100% OK with this. It's sad that this had to even be included. Trump is like a 5 year old who keeps sticking his hand in the cookie jar, so his parents have to install a lock on the cookie jar.

Trump didn't write the bill though 

48 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If that was the only reason they delayed I guess I would be too.

although I wonder why his workers are deemed less important 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

There will still be loads of Kush room in there.  Orange pigment would never sign it if they didn't identify parts to grift from.