• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

I completely understand and I am pretty calm about this. Given what you're saying, I'd very much like for you to list all the strong moves he's made in terms of policy since learning about this in very early January.

The floor is yours.

Whatever Newsom is praising Trump for for starters.  Because he isn't praising him for what he said.  

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Whatever Newsom is praising Trump for for starters.  Because he isn't praising him for what he said.  

That's fair. He's done some good things. But if you can't even name them that doesn't look good for the "policy" argument.

Ultimately this is just going to turn into a typical partisan argument. "Trump did this which is good". "Trump did this which is bad." Blah blah blah. 

But saying what he says doesn't matter is just....yikes. He's the President. What he says is more important than what anyone else in the country says.

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

Trump right now is calling for the end of social distancing. Time for everyone to get back to work.  We can't let the cruise ship industry go belly up.

I learned today that we are not to take what he says seriously.

Apparently this applies to his oath of office as well.

I think the idea of “back to normal” at the end of this 15 days “shut down” is extremely poor and if actually followed through on is a terrible indictment of our countries values.  I sincerely hope they don’t try and do back to normal too soon.  

I can’t understand how this event doesn’t change people on what we need to do with healthcare, with the social safety net in general. For all the bravado about how wonderful our capitalism is, it sure does seem fragile as fuck. 

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Unfortunately he can be fired though, and he bruises the orange God's ego, I wouldn't put it past him.

I feel confident that he won’t be fired.  Trump gets up there and says what he says.  Like always it’s loaded with misleading shit.  But I’ve gotta believe that he understands that if this gets bad enough he will pay for it in November. 

and look, if he’s allowed to massively fuck this up and get away with it.  The country deserves what it gets.  For better or worse we’re all bound to each other.  

We will never know for sure what impact that the shutdown has had on what the numbers would have been without it. Personally, I would be fine with the death toll being light. The danger lies in letting down our guard too soon, which could lead to the health care system being overwhelmed.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Only in certain parts of Missouri.

Nobody finds it odd 16k people died with the flu since mid  January. 7,000 died in March and we are talking about the 582?  Flu PI mortality rate was 7.1 just .2 below epidemic levels. 150 children died since October. Where was the media? Should'nt we have considered shutting schools down to save the kids. No, we shut the schools down supposedly to save grandpa.  The score in March is 7,000 to 582. Fully expect Corona to rise but how many here are betting corona takes 23k Americans by mid June? 

33 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Nobody finds it odd 16k people died with the flu since mid  January. 7,000 died in March and we are talking about the 582?  Flu PI mortality rate was 7.1 just .2 below epidemic levels. 150 children died since October. Where was the media? Should'nt we have considered shutting schools down to save the kids. No, we shut the schools down supposedly to save grandpa.  The score in March is 7,000 to 582. Fully expect Corona to rise but how many here are betting corona takes 23k Americans by mid June? 

It's not a contest

no i wished everyone lived. i was very shocked to see the flu totals over the last three months. flu took 16k lives here during the same time the world  lost 16k to the coronavirus.  there are a lot of doomsday models and death statistics being used early that simply arent playing out as testing improves. we had a pretty good control group with the cruise ship but chose to run with data from countries with failing healthcare systems