• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

5 hours ago, angelinkc said:

no i wished everyone lived. i was very shocked to see the flu totals over the last three months. flu took 16k lives here during the same time the world  lost 16k to the coronavirus.  there are a lot of doomsday models and death statistics being used early that simply arent playing out as testing improves. we had a pretty good control group with the cruise ship but chose to run with data from countries with failing healthcare systems

Question:  Why does the flu statistics matter when discussing the nature and characteristics of COVID-19?

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

For all the bravado about how wonderful our capitalism is, it sure does seem fragile as fuck. 

That would be my playbook if I were an authoritarian monster hoping to get elected.

Capitalism is amazing. Wealth creation is amazing. State management and allocation of dollars is really bad and sinister.

Central banking and disincentivizing saving is really bad. An economy based on lending and debt is not good. Cronyism, bailouts and trillion dollar wars are evil. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

That would be my playbook if I were an authoritarian monster hoping to get elected.

Capitalism is amazing. Wealth creation is amazing. State management and allocation of dollars is really bad and sinister.

Central banking and disincentivizing saving is really bad. An economy based on lending and debt is not good. Cronyism, bailouts and trillion dollar wars are evil. 

My daughter wised up on that and went to trade school, and now has had a 3 year career as an esthetician so far and NO school debt. 

11 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Nobody finds it odd 16k people died with the flu since mid  January. 7,000 died in March and we are talking about the 582?  Flu PI mortality rate was 7.1 just .2 below epidemic levels. 150 children died since October. Where was the media? Should'nt we have considered shutting schools down to save the kids. No, we shut the schools down supposedly to save grandpa.  The score in March is 7,000 to 582. Fully expect Corona to rise but how many here are betting corona takes 23k Americans by mid June? 

Someone is rooting for the flu.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/coronavirus-response-trump-wants-to-reopen-us-economy-by-easter.html

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants the U.S. economy to “open” back up by Easter Sunday, despite expert warnings about the deadly threat of the coronavirus.

Easter is April 12, less than three weeks away.

Trump’s remarks in a Fox News “virtual town hall” event at the White House came as more states imposed extreme  measures, including shutting down businesses and ordering residents to stay home, to try to slow the spread of the disease.

“We’re opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter,” Trump said.

“I would love to have that. It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’d love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin’ to go by Easter.”

Medical experts quickly recoiled at Trump’s suggestion that Americans could gather en masse amid the coronavirus outbreak.

“Obviously Trump is not rooted in reality,” said Dr. Tina Tan, a board member of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and a staff member at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.

“This is the making of a major public health disaster. I am not sure where he is getting his information from, but it is extremely flawed,” Tan said.

He's an idiot and thankfully states can still impose lock downs regardless of what he says or does.  If he tries to open things up and some idiots who are competent adults are out and about when they shouldn't be then if they get sick let nature take it's course.  Don't waste time or resources on people who need to exit the gene pool. 

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

He's an idiot and thankfully states can still impose lock downs regardless of what he says or does.  If he tries to open things up and some idiots who are competent adults are out and about when they shouldn't be then if they get sick let nature take it's course.  Don't waste time or resources on people who need to exit the gene pool. 

According to @gotbeer, what Trump says doesn't matter.