• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, Tank said:

when i was in college, i dated a girl i worked with during the summer. we were at different schools so we wrote a lot of letters. she had personal first name stickers that she put on the outside of each of her letters - no address, just her first name - GAY. It was bad enough that a hot single stud like me was getting letters from someone who put a GAY sticker on the outside. But it was even worse because the stickers were in bright neon colors. Man, i cringed every time i went to my mailbox that first semester. We broke up at Thanksgiving and i was relieved on several levels.

Younger crowd missed out on letter writing.  For them it was emails and right away.   For the older people, getting that letter could turn a bad day into a really good one.  You couldn't just attach a photo, most of the time you had to describe what happened.  The three day rule back then was the amount of time it took the post office to deliver the mail.  

Come to think of it, I would think that most older people still have that special letter from that someone.  Whereas I wonder if the younger crowd has kept any emails.

Edited by gotbeer

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, Tank said:

when i was in college, i dated a girl i worked with during the summer. we were at different schools so we wrote a lot of letters. she had personal first name stickers that she put on the outside of each of her letters - no address, just her first name - GAY. It was bad enough that a hot single stud like me was getting letters from someone who put a GAY sticker on the outside. But it was even worse because the stickers were in bright neon colors. Man, i cringed every time i went to my mailbox that first semester. We broke up at Thanksgiving and i was relieved on several levels.

Sir, this is a Panera.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Was this her?

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/fsj4mz/why_hasnt_gay_laubert_been_cast_this_is_non/

23 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Montana has a Dem governor, as does Kentucky.

We elected our first Democratic Governor in 20 years in 2018. His Republican opponent was the Attorney General, who basically fluked into office because Democrats did not offer meaningful opposition in the Governor's race in 2014, which drove down voter turnout (the GOP swept the statewide offices for the first time in state history). He also carries a famous name - Laxalt. He isn't half the man that his father was. Diehard Trumper, which killed him in Clark County. Enough people in the north, which always votes Republican, saw behind the curtain and he was unable to overcome Steve Sisolak's edge in the south.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

I love that Jars gave this a troll dude. 

Along those lines, after Trump got called out because of Jared Kushner's statement that the national stockpiles are not for states, the definition on the website was changed to match what Kushner said.

This family cannot be gone from the national landscape soon enough.