• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

37 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So Trump the idiot has negotiated a two-year spending compromise and taken another campaign issue off the table. With Pelosi and Schumer of all people. No government shutdown, all systems go.

Incompetent. Right.

Lol what do you think he did ? Cast some fuc*king negotiating spell them ? The Democrats just suck at politics.  They didn’t extract anything from the deal.  It’s a joke. 

Literally the dems explanation was that they didn’t believe that McConnell would weaponize it 2021.  Lmao.  

But the real question is, what the hell are we doing there after almost 18 years?!

Interesting that we never hear any reports of actual fighting. Most of our casualties result from armored vehicles driving over roadside bombs, or suicide bombers rushing fortified positions. Some result from traitors in the Afghan army opening fire on our soldiers. A lot of traumatic brain injuries also to go along with the deaths. Just a total waste. The U.S Army as glorified security guards keeping the lid on the Taliban. Wonderful.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s a reason nobody has used nukes since WW2.  It’s not a genie that can be let out of its bottle. 

He said he doesn't want to kill 10 million people. Which is probably what it would take to solve the issues over there. 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

But the real question is, what the hell are we doing there after almost 18 years?!

Interesting that we never hear any reports of actual fighting. Most of our casualties result from armored vehicles driving over roadside bombs, or suicide bombers rushing fortified positions. A lot of traumatic brain injuries also to go along with the deaths. Just a total waste. The U.S Army as glorified security guards keeping the lid on the Taliban. Wonderful.

That was his point in the video

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

He said he doesn't want to kill 10 million people. Which is probably what it would take to solve the issues over there. 

I honestly don’t understand what impresses you about it man.  It’s not a secret that the US has nukes.  There are very good reasons that we haven't used them.  I suspect that you know  that those reasons are not altruistic.  They didn’t do it in the Korean War, they didn’t do it Vietnam, and there’s certainly no reason to do it in Afghanistan.  It’s a non starter.  Trump can say whatever he wants, but nukes are not an option for him in Afghanistan or anywhere barring some unbelievable extreme event. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Interesting that we never hear any reports of actual fighting. Most of our casualties result from armored vehicles driving over roadside bombs, or suicide bombers rushing fortified positions. A lot of traumatic brain injuries also to go along with the deaths. Just a total waste. The U.S Army as glorified security guards keeping the lid on the Taliban. Wonderful.

What they’re doing is attempting to prop up the Afghan government in Kabul that we installed.  The chances of its survival after we withdraw are bleak.  Peace deal with the Taliban or not. 

I suspect that Donald is referring to Pakistan potentially stepping into the void and ensuring the peace.  A prospect that seems extremely tricky. 

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I honestly don’t understand what impresses you about it man.  It’s not a secret that the US has nukes.  There are very good reasons that we haven't used them.  I suspect that you know  that those reasons are not altruistic.  They didn’t do it in the Korean War, they didn’t do it Vietnam, and there’s certainly no reason to do it in Afghanistan.  It’s a non starter.  Trump can say whatever he wants, but nukes are not an option for him in Afghanistan or anywhere barring some unbelievable extreme event. 

Why are you focused on nukes? He wasn't threatening to use them. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why are you focused on nukes? He wasn't threatening to use them. 

Because it’s a big part of the whole point he was making.  And I’m pointing out that it’s a unreasonable thing to even bring up.  And he spent more then half the video talking about it.  

As to the nation building thing.  Well ya, the neocons (with the approval of plenty of liberals) got us into that and it’s not an easy thing to extract from.  As you know untold trillions have been dumped into the Afghanistan and Iraq projects.  Allowing one to completely fail is a tough pill to swallow.  Like I said, depending on Pakistan to ensure the survival of the Kabul government seems quite risky.  Anyway.  I’m not advocating the maintenance of US military operations in Afghanistan.  I believe that we should withdraw.  If Trump does it.  Good.  My point was that the nuke bit is dumb. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Because it’s a big part of the whole point he was making.  And I’m pointing out that it’s a unreasonable thing to even bring up.  And he spent more then half the video talking about it.  

As to the nation building thing.  Well ya, the neocons (with the approval of plenty of liberals) got us into that and it’s not an easy thing to extract from.  As you know untold trillions have been dumped into the Afghanistan and Iraq projects.  Allowing one to completely fail is a tough pill to swallow.  Like I said, depending on Pakistan to ensure the survival of the Kabul government seems quite risky.  Anyway.  I’m not advocating the maintenance of US military operations in Afghanistan.  I believe that we should withdraw.  If Trump does it.  Good.  My point was that the nuke bit is dumb. 

I don't think it was about using nukes. He's just trying to point out how awesome and great he is and doing things.