• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

17 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah.  I am not feeling too sad.

Yeah, a nice opportunity to show America embracing science and encouraging children from a country we've bombed the shit out of for at least a decade. Instead, we crush their dreams. 

Not a big deal. Just another wasted opportunity. 

35 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yeah, a nice opportunity to show America embracing science and encouraging children from a country we've bombed the shit out of for at least a decade. Instead, we crush their dreams. 

Christians are all about tolerance unless it involves females or non-Christians.

51 minutes ago, Glen said:

America embracing science?

thats funny. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Of all the stuff wrong with Trump this has got to be number 1673

the story with the Afghan girls is unfortunate.  It's not a huge thing on it's own obviously, but indicative of the sorry state that we find ourselves.  I guess it's a matter of opinion but to me it's sad that we are making this insular turn.  It's extremely unlikely that those girls represent any kind of threat. 

MT, there are plenty of extremely vocal "Christians" who are very vocal social conservatives.  A lot of their bullshit is tough to connect with the teachings of Christ.   It's hateful.  Obviously "Christians" aren't a monolithic group .  But you should be able to understand how people who are not religious/non Christians see some of those people as absurdly hypocritical.  There's a valid discussion to be had here around this topic. 

Trumps stupid tweet this morning is making all kinds of noise.  It's fucking stupid and childish particularly coming from the POTUS.  I think this is a good example of a spot where people need to not make a big deal of of essentially nothing.  It don't see it as a endorsement of violence like some of these butt hurt nut jobs.  It's just dumb.  What else is new with this guy. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/07/02/trump-brings-up-the-war-on-christmas-in-july/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_aof-waronxmas-1240pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.44ea219d7b59

Christmas is starting earlier and earlier every year It's Not even July 4th and the holiday season has already started? Screw this dude.    

Just now, red321 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/07/02/trump-brings-up-the-war-on-christmas-in-july/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_aof-waronxmas-1240pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.44ea219d7b59

Christmas is starting earlier and earlier every year It's Not even July 4th and the holiday season has already started? Screw this dude.    

The war on Christmas !!! <rolls eyes>

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

the story with the Afghan girls is unfortunate.  It's not a huge thing on it's own obviously, but indicative of the sorry state that we find ourselves.  I guess it's a matter of opinion but to me it's sad that we are making this insular turn.  It's extremely unlikely that those girls represent any kind of threat. 

MT, there are plenty of extremely vocal "Christians" who are very vocal social conservatives.  A lot of their bullshit is tough to connect with the teachings of Christ.   It's hateful.  Obviously "Christians" aren't a monolithic group .  But you should be able to understand how people who are not religious/non Christians see some of those people as absurdly hypocritical.  There's a valid discussion to be had here around this topic. 

Trumps stupid tweet this morning is making all kinds of noise.  It's fucking stupid and childish particularly coming from the POTUS.  I think this is a good example of a spot where people need to not make a big deal of of essentially nothing.  It don't see it as a endorsement of violence like some of these butt hurt nut jobs.  It's just dumb.  What else is new with this guy. 

I have a huge problem with the Christian/Trump connection.  I find it disgusting.  However, I also find that the word hate has become synonymous with the word disagree these days 

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I didn't use the term most people

What makes you think "most" is two people? Also, it's a pretty general observation. MOST of the people that I know who still support him are making pretty considerable concessions to do so.

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I also find that the word hate has become synonymous with the word disagree these days 

Ugh ... I hate that! 

Note:  I agree with you, I just hate that this is the case.  I don't want hate to be interpenetrated as disagree in this case.