• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

2 minutes ago, failos said:

Yeah, there’s obviously a reason for that. Limiting boxes means less chances for vandalism and voter fraud. People in Texas can vote in person or mail their ballot since mail fraud doesn’t exist according to you.

My coworkers are all in Houston and they haven’t had a problem voting. Quit stirring the pot.

You're a good soldier.

7 minutes ago, failos said:

Yeah, there’s obviously a reason for that. Limiting boxes means less chances for vandalism and voter fraud. People in Texas can vote in person or mail their ballot since mail fraud doesn’t exist according to you.

My coworkers are all in Houston and they haven’t had a problem voting. Quit stirring the pot.

I would worry about the state of Texas if something like securing multiple drop boxes is a challenge. I dropped mine off the other other day in one of the 3 options I had in my 80k population city. Kept the car running for that 5 second walk. There was someone else dropping theirs off at the same time. Fortunately they were wearing a mask so I didn't have to spray him with Lysol. 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

I would worry about the state of Texas if something like securing multiple drop boxes is a challenge. I dropped mine off the other other day in one of the 3 options I had in my 80k population city. Kept the car running for that 5 second walk. There was someone else dropping theirs off at the same time. Fortunately they were wearing a mask so I didn't have to spray him with Lysol. 

Everything is challenging in Texas since they’re so stupid. I personally can’t stand the place, and it’s definitely filled with cheaters (Astros, GWBush), but I’ve yet to see a compelling argument about voter fraud there in contemporary times.

I personally don’t know why Texas has limited the ballot boxes to one per county, I only provided an educated guess since so many idiots in this country are burning/vandalizing ballot boxes.

btw are you really that paranoid about COVID? (Not judging)

2 hours ago, failos said:

I think there was at least one torched in the Los Angeles area also.  

I think these ballot boxes also comes down to cost.  You have to create these boxes so that they are secure.  You then have to deploy these boxes, securing them in that location.  You then have to have someone pick up these ballots, in a manner that is non partisan and secure.  After the elections, you have to then pick up these boxes, and store them for the next election.  Next step then if you have a few of these boxes out, are the lawsuits that you only put these boxes in the poor areas, or the rich areas, or they weren't accessible enough.  

So with the way the government works, it probably will eventually only cost a few hundred million.  

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Cool map.

How they got those figures I have no idea.

It's based on several factors, most prominently when votes are able to start being counted in each state, and how long past election day absentee votes are accepted.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-results-timing/

Edited by Spin Rate

1 minute ago, failos said:

I'm not sure about "undercounted" but certainly not accurate to the entire picture. Biden can be up 9 points and ultimately win the popular vote by 3-4 million (or more) but Trump could win the electoral votes. 

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Btw, the overall poll in 2016 had Hillary up by 3 points. She won the popular vote by 3 million. Like I said, not accurate for the entire picture.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far

Despite record early-vote turnout around the country, there are warning signs for Biden. In Arizona, two-thirds of Latino registered voters have not yet cast a ballot. In Florida, half of Latino and Black registered voters have not yet voted but more than half of White voters have cast ballots, according to data from Catalist, a Democratic data firm. In Pennsylvania, nearly 75% of registered Black voters have not yet voted, the data shows.

Edited by failos

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not sure about "undercounted" but certainly not accurate to the entire picture. Biden can be up 9 points and ultimately win the popular vote by 3-4 million (or more) but Trump could win the electoral votes. 

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Btw, the overall poll in 2016 had Hillary up by 3 points. She won the popular vote by 3 million. Like I said, not accurate for the entire picture.

There are a few differences this year.

1. Biden's lead is far larger than Hillary's lead.
2. WAY more people have voted early this year than in 2016 (like 700% more in some states), which means there are far fewer people who can/will change their vote last minute.
3. There are far fewer undecided voters this year. In 2016, undecided voters swung to Trump by a 4:1 margin. Even if that happened again this year, it wouldn't be enough for Trump to overcome Biden's lead in every swing state.

47 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

There are a few differences this year.

1. Biden's lead is far larger than Hillary's lead.
2. WAY more people have voted early this year than in 2016 (like 700% more in some states), which means there are far fewer people who can/will change their vote last minute.
3. There are far fewer undecided voters this year. In 2016, undecided voters swung to Trump by a 4:1 margin. Even if that happened again this year, it wouldn't be enough for Trump to overcome Biden's lead in every swing state.

Meh. I don't trust the polls.

He literally could win the popular vote by 8 million and still lose. Just imagine that for a second.

The shitshow will be epic.