• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's starting to sink in

PattyD22

27 minutes ago, Glen said:

I wonder what the cutoff is for the amount of regular-season games to still have a season.  For instance, would they have a season with just 60 games?

It will depend on the number of games the Yankees will need to win the Wold Series. The last couple of years have had too many.

In short viruses, in general, do NOT die in the Summer. Can they be mitigated by weather conditions such as heat, dryness, wind conditions, moisture, etc.? Yes, possibly. Does physical distancing help during Summer months? YES. Large crowds spread viruses in Summer months nearly as good as they do in Winter months. Below are sample articles pulled from Google Scholar (which contains mostly published, peer-reviewed scientific articles and research):

https://www.microbiologyresearch.org/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/jmm.0.000018

https://academic.oup.com/jme/article-abstract/30/2/449/2221223

https://www.microbiologyresearch.org/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/jmm.0.000018

https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10.1146/annurev.py.12.090174.000551 (Do a CTRL+F search on the word 'Summer')

So the moral of the story here is DO NOT LISTEN to your friend who works at Jamba Juice. We all have a natural tendency to listen to our family and friends when they mention something in passing that sounds reasonable but has no base or grounding in scientific fact. I am guilty of this myself, particularly if it makes me laugh my ass off. I have been sharing @tdawg87 's NH power diarrhea rumor for 3 days now. 😄 

I, myself, am not an expert in viral infections, how they vector through populations and spread, and pandemic conditions. I seriously doubt anyone on this board is an expert in that (and if you are speak up for Christ's sake! 😄 ).

Listen to certified, medical professionals. They are trained experts in their fields and have spent large chunks of their adult lives researching, studying, and writing about their subject matters of expertise. In fact ask @Dochalo if he is an expert in pandemics and I am sure, after some smart-ass remark about Jabari Blash, he will tell you no, he is not. However, if you are into Radiology (it is Radiology right?) that might be closer to his jam.

Be safe and be smart friends. I would be really sad if one of us didn't use our common sense or practice good preventative measures and got COVID-19.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

I have a feeling that this year is going to cause us to be more appreciative of the things we take for granted.

I was just talking to my wife about this. We lived in the Valley for the Northridge earthquake and a couple weeks after we drove down to Orange County and thought it was so awesome to get a drink with ice in it. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

12 hours ago, True Grich said:

giphy.gif

No live sports on TV.  Can't go to the movies. Can't eat out.  Original programming about to run out on TV.

I'm thankful I still play video games. ❤️ my PS4 and Switch...

Work morale however is at an all time low because everyone is worried.

16 hours ago, RBM said:

So my 13 year old downloaded The Show 2020 today and tonight he showed me how "sick" the Angels lineup is. He said "they are destroying the other teams in the AL West and teams can't pitch around Trout now with Rendon hitting behind him."

I'm not a video game guy but we sat and talked baseball based on his PS4 game vs. the Rangers for 15 minutes. Thought it strange Willie Calhoun was playing with a broken jaw but I let that go. It was already in the 7th inning but the highlights were when he had Thaiss pinch hit for Pujols with the game tied and runners on 1st and 2nd. Thaiss smacked a 2 RBI 2B off a RHP. And then Robles came in to close it out in the 9th and threw 3 straight fast balls past Mathis to light up that halo!

This may be our new reality. I’m already looking forward to the Angels game tomorrow night...

The best part of video game baseball is that when hos angel pitcher throws a pitch that doesnt get to the plate, then grabs his elbow, you can just restart the game.

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Talks already about canceling the all star game 

World Series around November December at best 

skip the season. Not worth all this pushing back. 

football season might be good to go. NFL will kill it 

They should start in June and play 90 games but reduce the playoffs to 4 teams in each league. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:21 AM, RBM said:

So my 13 year old downloaded The Show 2020 today and tonight he showed me how "sick" the Angels lineup is. He said "they are destroying the other teams in the AL West and teams can't pitch around Trout now with Rendon hitting behind him."

I'm not a video game guy but we sat and talked baseball based on his PS4 game vs. the Rangers for 15 minutes. Thought it strange Willie Calhoun was playing with a broken jaw but I let that go. It was already in the 7th inning but the highlights were when he had Thaiss pinch hit for Pujols with the game tied and runners on 1st and 2nd. Thaiss smacked a 2 RBI 2B off a RHP. And then Robles came in to close it out in the 9th and threw 3 straight fast balls past Mathis to light up that halo!

This may be our new reality. I’m already looking forward to the Angels game tomorrow night...

You should play one game each day, the actual Angels schedule, and update us with the Box score. We could place bets...