• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

How did he get to the position he's in?

I think he's a figurehead at this point.

The way they burn cash in Washington I shouldn't be surprised but I honestly don't think he's worth that salary.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Oklahoma trying to return its $2m stockpile of hydroxychloroquine

The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office has been tasked with attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug once touted by former President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus.

In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase, defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and “that money will not have gone to waste in any respect.”

But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private pharmaceutical wholesaler. 

I don’t know about Fauci’s salary.  $417K sounds like a huge number, but there are lots of doctors in the private sector that make that kind of money.  I can’t say that I have an opinion on either.  

I will say again what I’ve said before.  Dr. Fauci should have resigned from his role vis a vis COVID-19 when it became clear that he had not been truthful about the masks.  I’m not really that interested in his reasons. I don’t really care about stringing the guy up or defending him.  I accept that there were reasonable ideas that had him do what he did.  I also know that it sucks a lot to mislead the public about what was going on as far as the efficacy of masks.  I appreciate it’s not a good position for him to be in.  Fine.  But the right thing to do was resign.  He should have said he was wrong and resigned.   All he did was give ammunition to the dumbest assholes on earth.  He allowed doubt to be validated.  And now we’re cursed with these fuckers that refuse to wear masks and point at him.    That’s far worse imo, than the initial falsehood.  

He’s not the only epidemiologist in the country.  Someone else could have stood there and regurgitated the facts and talked to fucking Chuck Todd or whoever the fuck.   If he had useful advice he could have given it from the background.  

not good at all.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know about Fauci’s salary.  $417K sounds like a huge number, but there are lots of doctors in the private sector that make that kind of money.  I can’t say that I have an opinion on either.  

I will say again what I’ve said before.  Dr. Fauci should have resigned from his role vis a vis COVID-19 when it became clear that he had not been truthful about the masks.  I’m not really that interested in his reasons. I don’t really care about stringing the guy up or defending him.  I accept that there were reasonable ideas that had him do what he did.  I also know that it sucks a lot to mislead the public about what was going on as far as the efficacy of masks.  I appreciate it’s not a good position for him to be in.  Fine.  But the right thing to do was resign.  He should have said he was wrong and resigned.   All he did was give ammunition to the dumbest assholes on earth.  He allowed doubt to be validated.  And now we’re cursed with these fuckers that refuse to wear masks and point at him.    That’s far worse imo, than the initial falsehood.  

He’s not the only epidemiologist in the country.  Someone else could have stood there and regurgitated the facts and talked to fucking Chuck Todd or whoever the fuck.   If he had useful advice he could have given it from the background.  

not good at all.  

Communication is key.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/world/cdc-schools-reopening.html
good luck getting buy in from the worthless teachers unions

The buy in is at a cost. As is teachers get little support financially to maintain classroom supplies, it comes from their post tax salaries and there are no write offs.

So what makes you think the school districts, that have already sunk years of budgets on laptops for students to work at home, will keep and maintain cleanliness standards they hadn't met in the past? They are going to make teachers janitors of their own rooms spending an inordinate amount of time scrubbing everything from desks, chairs, tables, right down to each pencil handed out. 

Then just think for one second how you are going to get children, the little social beasts, to act like robots and not congregate, not touch one another, not rub their snotty noses and then touch everything in sight, how do you control an infection breeding ground?

It's pretty easy to shit on the teachers union, my wife doesn't like them either and she's been teaching for over 20 years. But in this case they are the only thing between tens of thousands of employees and a State that can't even administer vaccines or have a functionally consistent policy in this pandemic that actually has had any real impact on prevention of spread. 

One teacher in a room of 30 uncontrolled subjects that have no consistent protocols at home. Until vaccinated I don't think a single teacher should be demanded to work under those circumstances. 

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The buy in is at a cost. As is teachers get little support financially to maintain classroom supplies, it comes from their post tax salaries and there are no write offs.

So what makes you think the school districts, that have already sunk years of budgets on laptops for students to work at home, will keep and maintain cleanliness standards they hadn't met in the past? They are going to make teachers janitors of their own rooms spending an inordinate amount of time scrubbing everything from desks, chairs, tables, right down to each pencil handed out. 

Then just think for one second how you are going to get children, the little social beasts, to act like robots and not congregate, not touch one another, not rub their snotty noses and then touch everything in sight, how do you control an infection breeding ground?

It's pretty easy to shit on the teachers union, my wife doesn't like them either and she's been teaching for over 20 years. But in this case they are the only thing between tens of thousands of employees and a State that can't even administer vaccines or have a functionally consistent policy in this pandemic that actually has had any real impact on prevention of spread. 

One teacher in a room of 30 uncontrolled subjects that have no consistent protocols at home. Until vaccinated I don't think a single teacher should be demanded to work under those circumstances. 

I wasn't specifically referring to California unions as I have no idea what their stance is on this. I know the Chicago one told it's teachers to call off sick in protest. Ultimately the students are the ones that will pay the price in the long term so this shit needs to get figured out. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wasn't specifically referring to California unions as I have no idea what their stance is on this. I know the Chicago one told it's teachers to call off sick in protest. Ultimately the students are the ones that will pay the price in the long term so this shit needs to get figured out. 

They have only one negotiating tool. The shit that needs to happen is vaccination. It's pretty simple, coordinate a sensible vaccination priority and get it done. If you believe teachers back in the classroom are a top priority then put them in the front of the line. Otherwise don't put them at an unnecessary risk while the solution is there.