• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

11 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I tested positive late November and was just vaccinated, should I not have been?

No, you should be fine based on what I've read and you said that you were offered it when they had some left over that they would otherwise have had to dispose of.

I'm guilty of assuming that a similar issue wasn't the case for the person who is the subject of the article.

When I signed up at work here, they weren't vaccinating those that had lab confirmed infections within the last 60 days.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I get why some people may get upset over this but the goal is to get as many people vaccinated right?

it is.  Pay to play with this is gross but I don’t know exactly what the circumstances are here.  Didn’t read the story.  I’ll try to later.  

Generally tho it’s got to be better to put it in someone’s arm than the trash right ?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I get why some people may get upset over this but the goal is to get as many people vaccinated right?

There are plenty of people ready to get vaccinated.  This is about saying fuck you to them, and skipping the line altogether.  

It's one thing if a vaccine was going to spoil, so you get people vaccinated to avoid the spoilage.  It's another to say hey, you guys can skip over the elderly who can't even get an appointment to get vaccinated, sign up and we'll get you right in with the first responders.  

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

There are plenty of people ready to get vaccinated.  This is about saying fuck you to them, and skipping the line altogether.  

It's one thing if a vaccine was going to spoil, so you get people vaccinated to avoid the spoilage.  It's another to say hey, you guys can skip over the elderly who can't even get an appointment to get vaccinated, sign up and we'll get you right in with the first responders.  

I agree that the people here are shit people and that's why this is upsetting but at least more people are now vaccinated. There are worse things that elitist jerk offs like this could be doing

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree that the people here are shit people and that's why this is upsetting but at least more people are now vaccinated. There are worse things that elitist jerk offs like this could be doing

But that's the thing.  There are not more people being vaccinated.  The elitist jerk offs just took the spot of the elderly person.  

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Your logic sounds like that of a politician who wants to tout higher vaccination rates and the fact that people who should be getting it haven't been able to be damned. There's no fucking excuse after hearing how we needed to lock down to protect the vulnerable for allowing wealthy twats to skip the line.  Anyone involved should be charged but that won't happen and I don't expect politicians who have allowed this clusterfuck to snowball to be held liable either. 

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Your logic sounds like that of a politician who wants to tout higher vaccination rates and the fact that people who should be getting it haven't been able to be damned. There's no fucking excuse after hearing how we needed to lock down to protect the vulnerable for allowing wealthy twats to skip the line.  Anyone involved should be charged but that won't happen and I don't expect politicians who have allowed this clusterfuck to snowball to be held liable either. 

Thatsa bingo.

23 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I think the bigger problem is we still have elderly people that want the vaccine that still can't get it. The rollout for this has been way too slow as states have had a long time to implement a plan and it should have been better than this.  

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the bigger problem is we still have elderly people that want the vaccine that still can't get it. The rollout for this has been way too slow as states have had a long time to implement a plan and it should have been better than this.  

I disagree.  I think expectations were too high.  

Let's face it.  The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were already going to be flawed in the distribution as they have a very short shelf life, and require specialized equipment for storage.  Plus they are limited in the amount that they can produce.

Once the Astra Zeneca and Johnson and Johnson vaccines get approved, it's going to be a lot quicker.  Not only can they produce more quantity.  But you won't need the specialized equipment, as most fridges should be suitable.  And you won't have the 12-24 hour spoilage once opened.  So you will see most pharmacies and more importantly doctors offices, hospitals, clinics, urgent cares that will be able to give the doses.  

People 65 or older are referred to the Othena app which unsurprisingly has gotten hammered.  Every day there's reports about people who had scheduled appointments cancelled on them while people who shouldn't have gotten the vaccine yet did.  The state knew this was coming down and it's been a complete failure so far in the roll out.  As of 3 days ago CA ranked 47th as far as the % of distributed vaccines administered:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

If they were at the same rate as New York or Texas over half a million more people would have received the vaccination already. 

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

People 65 or older are referred to the Othena app which unsurprisingly has gotten hammered.  Every day there's reports about people who had scheduled appointments cancelled on them while people who shouldn't have gotten the vaccine yet did.  The state knew this was coming down and it's been a complete failure so far in the roll out.  As of 3 days ago CA ranked 47th as far as the % of distributed vaccines administered:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

If they were at the same rate as New York or Texas over half a million more people would have received the vaccination already. 

I think it's fair to give random vaccinations so they don't go to waste when you have no shows for appointments but cancelling them and giving it to someone else is just stupid. 

48 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Most states are under 50% of vaccines administered and there's no excuse for that.

Edit: Correction, 16 states are under 50% which means 34 states are 50% or better.

Just now, Angel Dog and Beer said:

My wife is the fittest healthiest person I know, and she had a bad reaction to the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Knocked her out for a couple days with flu-like symptoms. But other much older, less healthy people we know were fine. Just weird how that works. 

I think it's actually a good thing that her body had a response like that as it means her immune system is working like it should. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Explained it a few pages back.

Forgot to mention, thanks for the links you sent me in Montana.  I must have been watching too many of these new TV shows in Montana, it isn't all that cheap there looking at homes, thinking I could get a dock and lake front. I may just have to stay out here with the Trumpers and get that real estate lady wanting a pardon to find me a deal.