• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Michelle Bachman's husband is the archetype.

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

The principal at my kids Christian school, who is married and has kids, is the gayest man I’ve ever encountered.  Maybe it’s just a thing.

I honestly feel bad for these folks - that sort of denial and repression must really suck. Right, calscuf?

Just now, Redondo said:

Do you watch Maddow?

No. I don't watch MSNBC or CNN. Actually, I don't ever watch cable news, although I've tuned in a few different times over the past couple months because of the election. ABC News was my channel of choice.

30 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Good article.  Places that could handle hard lockdowns and universal mask wearing after have been spared.  Good on Foxnews to point this out.

You and your garage band would be in a hard labor camp if we followed the commies in China. Maybe they’re on to something?

12 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

That's great to hear.  I just got mine - tons and tons of people were present, waiting to get one as well.  Very encouraging sign.

Admittedly, I do have concerns about it. I'm not at all anti-vax (I fucking despise those people), but in this case...things were rushed a bit.

There's also this: 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/fauci-single-dose-vaccine-likely-only-two-weeks-away-from-fda-application-99904070001

Yes, I know. Maddow/MSNBC. Only link I could find. 

Just a lot of info out there to process. But I will 100% get vaccinated. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Admittedly, I do have concerns about it. I'm not at all anti-vax (I fucking despise those people), but in this case...things were rushed a bit.

There's also this: 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/fauci-single-dose-vaccine-likely-only-two-weeks-away-from-fda-application-99904070001

Yes, I know. Maddow/MSNBC. Only link I could find. 

Just a lot of info out there to process. But I will 100% get vaccinated. 

Yeah, I agree - things were rushed, but in this case, given the crippling effects it has had on our society, I can understand the urgency.  I don't think, though, that they would have released something that would be harmful to the public, as doing so would likely put these companies at significant litigation risk, as they would effectively be harming massive amounts of the population at large.

It's great, though, to see other versions of the vaccine released - the more that is disseminated, the more access, the better.  I just hope the immunity that is conferred from the vaccine lasts for awhile, and that we don't have to get re-vaccinated every few months or so.  I suppose only time will tell.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

I don't think, though, that they would have released something that would be harmful to the public, as doing so would likely put these companies at significant litigation risk, as they would effectively be harming massive amounts of the population at large.

I lol’d. 

The day we let Covid-19 spin out of control

On Jan. 28, 2020, Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said, “In all the history of respiratory-borne viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. … Even if there’s a rare asymptomatic person that might transmit, an epidemic is not driven by asymptomatic carriers.”

While the importance of asymptomatic infection in understanding Covid-19 has been surprising to some, infectious disease experts have long known that infection without symptoms is common in many illnesses. More than 90% of people infected with poliovirus have no symptoms. And about 75% of influenza infections have been estimated to be asymptomatic. Yet these important precedents have largely been ignored.

since it happened in this thread, i'd like to update you. tdawg and i have talked and all is good. we both said things we shouldn't have but have made things back to normal between us. we're good.

also, as part of our discussion, he promised to send me some fresh maine blueberries and i promised to send him a couple of bottles of hand lotion before Trout's first at bat of the new season.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

since it happened in this thread, i'd like to update you. tdawg and i have talked and all is good. we both said things we shouldn't have but have made things back to normal between us. we're good.

also, as part of our discussion, he promised to send me some fresh maine blueberries and i promised to send him a couple of bottles of hand lotion before Trout's first at bat of the new season.

Wait that wasn't the deal! You said you'd throw in a scone.

I feel betrayed.