• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

34 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

One of my staff’s husband passed away a few months ago so she feels less safe now. She took a basic handgun class and just bought her first pistol last week. 

58 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

He also only had Republicans at the bill signing.

Trump didn't invite Pelosi to signing of $2 trillion coronavirus bill - Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-didnt-invite-pelosi-signing-of-2-trillion-coronavirus-bill-2020-3

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have bothered to show up for a photo op related to a pandemic so I can stand close to a bunch of people

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

He also only had Republicans at the bill signing.

Trump didn't invite Pelosi to signing of $2 trillion coronavirus bill - Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-didnt-invite-pelosi-signing-of-2-trillion-coronavirus-bill-2020-3

why would you invite the person most responsible for trying to fire you from your job? i wouldn't have invited her, either.

57 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Pelosi must have been at the Kennedy Center. 

Heard a lot of whining re: the Kennedy Center. Here’s what the money is going to. there are 620 full time staff and around 700 part time. Was a bothered to see part time staff was not getting paid. 

from Washington post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/the-kennedy-center-is-facing-more-hard-choices-its-president-explains-why-shes-forgoing-her-salary/2020/03/26/2cc86ae4-6f97-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Rutter was heartbroken by the criticism.

“It’s not a bailout,” she said. “We are different from any other arts organization [because] we have this responsibility as a memorial to John F. Kennedy.”

If the stimulus package is passed by the House and signed by President Trump, the funds will go toward the arts center’s $6 million in fixed monthly costs, Rutter said, including salaries and benefits and the cost of office and warehouse rentals. The money will not be used for artistic programming, nor will it go toward paying the ushers, artists and others who have lost income since March 12.

The arts center is selling some tickets for future performances, but it has had almost no income since the closure. Rutter said the federal money will replace lost income until reopening, whether that’s in May or July or later. Losses, she said, will exceed $55 million if the closure extends through Sept. 30, the end of the arts center’s fiscal year.

“Being a living memorial means you don’t just open the front door,” she said. “It will hopefully allow us to keep the personnel together to keep the organization going.”

50 minutes ago, red321 said:

Heard a lot of whining re: the Kennedy Center. Here’s what the money is going to. there are 620 full time staff and around 700 part time. Was a bothered to see part time staff was not getting paid. 

from Washington post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/the-kennedy-center-is-facing-more-hard-choices-its-president-explains-why-shes-forgoing-her-salary/2020/03/26/2cc86ae4-6f97-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html%3foutputType=amp

“It’s not a bailout,” she said. “We are different from any other arts organization [because] we have this responsibility as a memorial to John F. Kennedy.”

If the stimulus package is passed by the House and signed by President Trump, the funds will go toward the arts center’s $6 million in fixed monthly costs, Rutter said, including salaries and benefits and the cost of office and warehouse rentals. The money will not be used for artistic programming, nor will it go toward paying the ushers, artists and others who have lost income since March 12.

The arts center is selling some tickets for future performances, but it has had almost no income since the closure. Rutter said the federal money will replace lost income until reopening, whether that’s in May or July or later. Losses, she said, will exceed $55 million if the closure extends through Sept. 30, the end of the arts center’s fiscal year.

“Being a living memorial means you don’t just open the front door,” she said. “It will hopefully allow us to keep the personnel together to keep the organization going.”

Thanks for providing the facts. I'm glad that Pelosi and others worked hard to ensure that 1,320 people don't lose their incomes.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Thanks for providing the facts. I'm glad that Pelosi and others worked hard to ensure that 1,320 people don't lose their incomes.

I was hoping more of that would go to the hourly part time folks. I imagine a lot of the other arts related funding is similar in nature, would be interesting to see a breakdown. 

folks also need to remember that places like DC are federally funded for a lot of things that would be state funded elsewhere. 

It's sad how unprepared the feds and states were for something like this.  I realize this is an extremely rare case and shortages in the medical field are to be expected when hospitals are at or past capacity but when it comes to things like basic supplies for healthcare workers there's really no excuse especially considering how much we spend as a country on healthcare.  The federal government has run deficits for decades and California can spend billions on a bullet train no one really wanted while having a rainy fund that is ~20B and what do we have to show for it?  A staggering national debt, leaders always look for new ways to tax us, state pensions that are massively underfunded, crumbling infrastructure that's a security risk, supply chains that have been off-shored leaving us up river without a paddle and the list goes on.  Once the dust settles hopefully this leads to some major changes as far as healthcare, infrastructure and addressing the debt but I'm not counting on it.  It's crazy to think what previous generations lived through, how they came together, how the country adapted and was better for it.  We've got more technology in our hands than they could have ever dreamed of and we've got the means to be great yet the country has been going in the opposite direction for years.

I agree catwhoshat....when we get past this, there needs to be serious investigation from top to bottom. Completely bipartisan and independent. Need to go back and investigate not just what happened during the coronavirus response, but preparation leading up to it, what recommendations have been made in the past, were they followed. What other fuckups might have  occurred. Testing, supplies, foreign coordination...long list of items.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It's sad how unprepared the feds and states were for something like this.  I realize this is an extremely rare case and shortages in the medical field are to be expected when hospitals are at or past capacity but when it comes to things like basic supplies for healthcare workers there's really no excuse especially considering how much we spend as a country on healthcare.  The federal government has run deficits for decades and California can spend billions on a bullet train no one really wanted while having a rainy fund that is ~20B and what do we have to show for it?  A staggering national debt, leaders always look for new ways to tax us, state pensions that are massively underfunded, crumbling infrastructure that's a security risk, supply chains that have been off-shored leaving us up river without a paddle and the list goes on.  Once the dust settles hopefully this leads to some major changes as far as healthcare, infrastructure and addressing the debt but I'm not counting on it.  It's crazy to think what previous generations lived through, how they came together, how the country adapted and was better for it.  We've got more technology in our hands than they could have ever dreamed of and we've got the means to be great yet the country has been going in the opposite direction for years.

Sir, this is a *cough* Wendy's.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I agree catwhoshat....when we get past this, there needs to be serious investigation from top to bottom. Completely bipartisan and independent. Need to go back and investigate not just what happened during the coronavirus response, but preparation leading up to it, what recommendations have been made in the past, were they followed. What other fuckups might have  occurred. Testing, supplies, foreign coordination...long list of items.

and use that info not to cast blame and be political, but to prepare for the next crisis, learning the lessons taught from this current one.

3 hours ago, red321 said:

from Washington post

So all theaters, cinemas etc are included?