• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 min ago

There are more than 140,000 coronavirus cases in the US, CDC says

From CNN's Amanda Watts

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says there are now 140,904 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of novel coronavirus in the United States. 

The CDC says 2,405 people have died. 

Remember: CNN’s tally relies on state totals and won’t always match the CDC’s count; CNN has counted more than 143,856 cases and 2,490 deaths.

The CDC says there are cases in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands. Of the cases the CDC is reporting, 886 are travel-related, 2,351 are from close contact and a majority, 137,667 are still under investigation, the CDC website says.

The CDC is updating its coronavirus case numbers daily. Their numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting. The most up-to-date case counts will come from states, CDC officials have said

2 hours ago, red321 said:

@Chuckster70

Please, do tell, why is he the worst? It certainly looks like competent leadership has had positive results for Washington re: the coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/us/seattle-washington-state-coronavirus-transmission-rate.html

The Seattle area, home of the first known coronavirus case in the United States and the place where the virus claimed 37 of its first 50 victims, is now seeing evidence that strict containment strategies, imposed in the earliest days of the outbreak, are beginning to pay off — at least for now.

Deaths are not rising as fast as they are in other states. Dramatic declines in street traffic show that people are staying home. Hospitals have so far not been overwhelmed. And preliminary statistical models provided to public officials in Washington State suggest that the spread of the virus has slowed in the Seattle area in recent days.

While each infected person was spreading the virus to an average of 2.7 other people earlier in March, that number appears to have dropped, with one projection suggesting that it was now down to 1.4....

Officials in Washington State first began to plead with people to keep their distance from one another at the end of February, after discovering that the virus had infected people in the Seattle area with no known exposure or history of foreign travel, followed by an outbreak at a suburban nursing home now linked to dozens of deaths.

Within a week, the county was asking organizations to consider postponing large events and for people to work from home if possible. People over 60 were encouraged to remain indoors. Some of the region’s major employers, including the headquarters campuses of Amazon and Microsoft, responded by encouraging workers to work from home, quieting workplace hubs that would otherwise be bustling during commutes and lunchtime....

Mr. Inslee warned at the time how drastically life needed to change, saying it was unacceptable for people to be crammed close together at bars and other settings; the restrictions, he said, were going to be “profoundly disturbing to a lot of the ways that we live our lives.”

That same day, with case numbers also rising in New York, Mayor Bill de Blasio was not yet endorsing such limits. “People should go out and continue to live life, should go out to restaurants,” Mr. de Blasio said.

Inslee was really late in the game with his Stay-In order despite being hit hard first. Other than that, he's been doing well lately and has been outspoken about how pleased he's been with the Federal Gov and it's no secret that Inslee and Trump aren't the best of buds. 

We're actually trending well up here. Thank God people for the most part are staying home. Seattle was a ghost town 12 days ago when I drove into the city to get my other monitor and other equipment. 

My issue with Inslee has to do with his politics aside from this pandemic. I won't derail this thread by touching on those points. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Inslee was really late in the game with his Stay-In order despite being hit hard first. Other than that, he's been doing well lately and has been outspoken about how pleased he's been with the Federal Gov and it's no secret that Inslee and Trump aren't the best of buds. 

We're actually trending well up here. Thank God people for the most part are staying home. Seattle was a ghost town 12 days ago when I drove into the city to get my other monitor and other equipment. 

My issue with Inslee has to do with his politics aside from this pandemic. I won't derail this thread by touching on those points. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/coronavirus-which-states-stay-at-home-order-trnd/index.html

Looks like only California, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio issued stay-at home order before Washington. New York was just the day prior. Looks like California was first, 4 days prior to Washington. 

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

This dude again.

Safe to assume she was basing it off what the Pentagon themselves said.

Coronavirus response: Navy hospital ship won't be ready to help NY for weeks
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/coronavirus-response-navy-hospital-ship-wont-be-ready-to-help-ny-for-weeks.html

"The Comfort is currently in for maintenance in Norfolk, so they are going to expedite the maintenance if they can and prepare it," explained Jonathan Hoffman, assistant defense secretary for public affairs. "That's not a days issue, that is a weeks issue. So it's gonna be a little while," he added.

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

No you can just say nothing other than she was wrong.

Or I can post whatever the fuck I want. 

Which was:

30 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Safe to assume she was basing it off what the Pentagon themselves said.

Coronavirus response: Navy hospital ship won't be ready to help NY for weeks
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/coronavirus-response-navy-hospital-ship-wont-be-ready-to-help-ny-for-weeks.html

"The Comfort is currently in for maintenance in Norfolk, so they are going to expedite the maintenance if they can and prepare it," explained Jonathan Hoffman, assistant defense secretary for public affairs. "That's not a days issue, that is a weeks issue. So it's gonna be a little while," he added.