• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I am not for quarantines but pretty odd statement by Cuomo. Shouldn't that draw into question every lockdown order in the USA? I happen to agree with him but it is a direct contradiction to everything politicians and the media have preached all week. 

"I don't even know what that means. I don't know how that could be legally enforceable and from a medical point of view I don't know what you would be accomplishing," he said. "But I can tell you I don't even like the sound of it, not even understanding what it is I don't like the sound of it.

By all accounts until we build up a herd immunity and/or get a vaccine they're expecting future clusters or outbreaks that could result in stay in place orders if they don't trace and quarantine people quick enough.  If there's a test that lets people see if they've had it considering a good chunk of people are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and won't know they've had it then hopefully we can get those people back to work.  We can't afford multiple rounds of stimulus costing trillions of dollars.   

Right now some people with insurance can't even get tested.  Seeing who has or hasn't had it at a point isn't a matter of insurance it's a matter of let's call it national interest so we can start to put people back to work.  Our elected officials just committed 2T+ I'm sure they can come up with enough money to test people who don't have insurance when such a test is available.   

There is also increasing evidence that our illustrious Commander in Chief is using the power of the federal government to withhold medical supplies from states whose governors are not sufficiently bowing down to him.

Is Trump Using Critical Medical Supplies to Blackmail Blue State Governors?

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday made a startling claim that medical supply vendors are “being told” to avoid sending badly needed gear to her state in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

This is not an unsourced claim by the governor. Trump readily admitted it:

“I don’t know if she knows what’s going on, but all she does is sit there and blame the federal government,” Trump said.

“Michigan is a very important state, I love the people of Michigan … but she is a new governor who has not been pleasant,” he said.

“We don’t like to see the complaints,” he added.

And he didn’t stop there.

“He calls all the governors,” Trump said. “I tell him, I mean, I’m a different type of person. I say Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington, you’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.”

“If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call,” Trump said.

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There is also increasing evidence that our illustrious Commander in Chief is using the power of the federal government to withhold medical supplies from states whose governors are not sufficiently bowing down to him.

Is Trump Using Critical Medical Supplies to Blackmail Blue State Governors?

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday made a startling claim that medical supply vendors are “being told” to avoid sending badly needed gear to her state in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

This is not an unsourced claim by the governor. Trump readily admitted it:

“I don’t know if she knows what’s going on, but all she does is sit there and blame the federal government,” Trump said.

“Michigan is a very important state, I love the people of Michigan … but she is a new governor who has not been pleasant,” he said.

“We don’t like to see the complaints,” he added.

And he didn’t stop there.

“He calls all the governors,” Trump said. “I tell him, I mean, I’m a different type of person. I say Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington, you’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.”

“If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call,” Trump said.

Thus us why we shouldnt elect women to executive positions. Not the role they were designed for by the man above. 50 states involved and how many have issues with the feds? She should probably research the governors role with hospitals and beds. all state issues so the initial failure is on her.

3 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Thus us why we shouldnt elect women to executive positions. Not the role they were designed for by the man above.

Not sure how I can deal with a viewpoint that narrow and misguided. And no, Michigan is not the only state having issues with Trump. So is Washington, Governor Jay Inslee.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If there’s any disparity is relief being provided from the feds based on political bias.  That’s extremely alarming. 

Trump defenders will first make excuses about how it didn’t really happen that way, and then when completely boxed into a corner, will cry “fake news.” It’s the only play in their book.

11 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Trump defenders will first make excuses about how it didn’t really happen that way, and then when completely boxed into a corner, will cry “fake news.” It’s the only play in their book.

Look at the numbers.  He’s gotten more popular.    He lies about what’s going on among 1000 other things.  His failure to take this seriously back in January would be enough to finish a politician in any semi healthy nation.  We don’t have a functioning political culture.  The media is completely co opted.  We don’t have a functioning state.  The opposition party is literally hiding their candidate. The country is completely beholden to plutocrats.  Hopefully this passes soon, but if this isn’t a wake up call for people.  I mean, just forget about it.  There’s no saving it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo