• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schoenfield predicts the Angels will sign Ryu and Teheran

stevestevens

11 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

The Angels need good pitchers and depth. Quality over quantity. 

Nearly everything is an improvement over last year. Both those guys can get us into playoff contention and probably won't cost enough to lock them into being our long term answers. It maintains flexibility. There are no pitchers out there who are going to move the needle enough right now. Why not try to make cheap incremental improvements and hope we can get a steal during the season. What happens if 2 teams separate themselves in the AL East? Maybe Boston is looking to give away Sale. Maybe Tampa would part with one of their pitchers. Maybe the Mets fall out of contention in the NL East or Cleveland in the AL Central. There will be teams looking to add pitchers, there always are, but how many could take on $15-20 million a year? I think I'd rather take my chances with Ryu or Keuchel and a really cheap flier on Teheran then swinging a trade during the season than I would with signing both Ryu and Keuchel for pretty big money.

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, i would not.  IF were going after Ryu fine, but i think Kuechel is a far better fit that Teheran.
Get Ryu and Kuechel and were good. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-introduce-anthony-rendon

Angels are still looking to add more pieces this offseason, especially with the rotation and at catcher. Eppler said they could add up to two more starting pitchers, but likely not two free agents, as one would have to come via trade in that scenario.

Teheran’s results look like smoke and mirrors. He had a 5-6+ ERA in 3 months last season. The month where he had a 0.98 ERA, he allowed 15 walks to 19 strikeouts in 27 innings with a high fly ball % He just seems like the kind of pitcher who will have it all catch up to him eventually. And this isn’t the same Teheran from 2013-2016 regardless.

5 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Teheran’s results look like smoke and mirrors. He had a 5-6+ ERA in 3 months last season. The month where he had a 0.98 ERA, he allowed 15 walks to 19 strikeouts in 27 innings with a high fly ball % He just seems like the kind of pitcher who will have it all catch up to him eventually. And this isn’t the same Teheran from 2013-2016 regardless.

Someone sees it.

6 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-introduce-anthony-rendon

Angels are still looking to add more pieces this offseason, especially with the rotation and at catcher. Eppler said they could add up to two more starting pitchers, but likely not two free agents, as one would have to come via trade in that scenario.

i find that curious as both should fit in the funds pending who they are of course.
Ive said all along i think we make on trade for one piece of the off season puzzle, i expected it to be a catcher myself.  well see i guess