• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade candidates: Gray, Ray, Mets SP...

jordan

40 minutes ago, totdprods said:

One report today had the Angels having kicked the tires on Joe Musgrove. 

Musgrove would be a good get I think. Trending in the right direction. 

He had 3 really bad outings last year that inflated those numbers a bit. 

He gave up 8 to StLouis in 3IP. Another 8 to the Mets in 3.1IP. Then gave up 6 in 4IP to Atlanta.

He was lights out to start the year. Also went into Houston last year and pitched 6 innings of shut out ball.

10 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I'm just going to pretend that Eppler is working to put together a package to snag Clevinger from Cleveland. He's going to try and disrupt the Lindor/Clevinger to the Dogs or Pads discussion thats being rumored and get Clevinger.

If they wanted Marsh for Kluber, they’ll ask for Trout, Ohtani, and Adell for Clevinger and then tell us if we really wanted to win we’d pull the trigger on it. 

Musgrove is exactly the kind of upside play I can see Eppler making as a second acquisition. 

Everyone would hate it, and it might not work, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

32D23BC6-F04B-47A4-BDEE-688A972B9335.jpeg

Eppler likes spin, ground balls, velo and strikeouts. I’ll let you guys do the searching.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Musgrove is exactly the kind of upside play I can see Eppler making as a second acquisition. 

Everyone would hate it, and it might not work, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

32D23BC6-F04B-47A4-BDEE-688A972B9335.jpeg

Eppler likes spin, ground balls, velo and strikeouts. I’ll let you guys do the searching.

mentioned him in another thread.  Wouldn't hate it at all if the price was right.  

If we gave up Marsh, I would hate it.  

The more names that got thrown out and shut down or signed up; the more I'm leaning towards believing the Angels' are targeting someone completely out of the blue that nobody is going to expect. Atlanta has a couple top notch pitching prospects, we've dealt with them in the past, maybe something from them?

5 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

The more names that got thrown out and shut down or signed up; the more I'm leaning towards believing the Angels' are targeting someone completely out of the blue that nobody is going to expect. Atlanta has a couple top notch pitching prospects, we've dealt with them in the past, maybe something from them?

Or Matt Boyd. Been pretty quiet this winter for him and Eppler deals with Detroit very frequently. Maybe his poor second-half brought his price down and Detroit will be more motivated to sell high now if they think the first-half was a fluke.

But I agree with you, I think Eppler is willing to deal some prospects for someone with control, upside, and a modest arb salary, which could be anyone depending on which prospects he’s comfortable parting with and how much he likes the upside of the arm. 

Edited by totdprods

7 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I have a feeling we might end up with someone like Ivan Nova.

Homer Bailey put up 2 bWAR and 3 fWAR. A 3.65 FIP. Nova still gets great GB rates and eats innings.

I think he also threw more quality starts (13?) than Canning and Heaney did combined. 

I wouldn’t be totally bummed if we went super cheap like Smyly, Gio, Bailey, Chacin, Hellickson or Nova if it was the *third* arm after Keuchel/Ryu or a trade for someone with some upside...but I would hope the Angels also add a vet RP, one of Castellanos at 1B, Souza, Pillar, for some RF 1-year deal action, solid vet catcher...count on one of the kids to bump that cheap vet midseason.

Edited by totdprods