• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade candidates: Gray, Ray, Mets SP...

jordan

Anyone have any other ideas for trades?  Everything points Angels having to sign Keuchel and make a trade in order to sign two SPs. Keuchel is sitting back knowing Angels HAVE to get him and they will have to overpay. Then that leaves the Angels making a trade for a modest priced SP such a Syndergaard or Ray or Gray.  Who else are possibilities? 

15 minutes ago, jordan said:

Anyone have any other ideas for trades?  Everything points Angels having to sign Keuchel and make a trade in order to sign two SPs. Keuchel is sitting back knowing Angels HAVE to get him and they will have to overpay. Then that leaves the Angels making a trade for a modest priced SP such a Syndergaard or Ray or Gray.  Who else are possibilities? 

I literally wrote an article about this and updated it today with most of the available options in the market: https://www.angelswin.com/forums/topic/40840-angelswincom-today-2020-angelswincom-primer-series-rotation/

22 minutes ago, jordan said:

Source on availability of a Mets pitcher? Far as I last heard, no one is moving there. 

Boyd is another guy who is available, but may be too expensive in prospects. Price, too, is on the market. 

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to trade for a pitcher nobody has mentioned

I've had that thought for a couple of days, because it's getting close to the point that the alternative is the Angels do nothing. Which I guess is possible but seems unlikely. 

27 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Me too. At this point, I wouldn't object to paying a steep price for him (say, Marsh and Rengifo).

One great thing about trading for Gray (besides that he’s good and under club control for a few seasons) is that he’s only projected to earn $5.6 million next year. That could give the Angels flexibility to add a catcher and maybe some bullpen arms.

Trade candidates are only going to get more expensive. Once Ryu and Keuchel are gone, it basically becomes a choice between over-paying for David Price, or not having any pitching at all. 

Eppler may not like the asking price in negotiations, but he's on the verge of leaving this pitching staff drastically undermanned for the fifth consecutive year. I don't know how many more chances he's going to get.

Edited by Second Base

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

he's on the verge of leaving this itching staff drastically undermanned for the fifth consecutive year. I don't know how many more chances he's going to get.

That's why I think he's going to make a move that we have not anticipated. He knows he has not yet done enough and if he decides to go into '20 with Bundy as his only addition, he will most likely lose his job. 

4 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

That's why I think he's going to make a move that we have not anticipated. He knows he has not yet done enough and if he decides to go into '20 with Bundy as his only addition, he will most likely lose his job. 

Bundy was a good move that cost next to nothing and got us solid innings. If that’s our third pitcher, it’s a fantastic move. The concern is who the other two guys are. I’m puzzled, for instance, at why we let Kluber pass at what doesn’t appear to be that expensive of a price. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

I’m puzzled, for instance, at why we let Kluber pass at what doesn’t appear to be that expensive of a price. 

Everyone in baseball is confused about that today. But it's possible that Eppler didn't simply let Kluber "pass." There could well be more to the story that we don't know. 

2 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

Everyone in baseball is confused about that today. But it's possible that Eppler didn't simply let Kluber "pass." There could well be more to the story that we don't know. 

I know. Maybe the Indians really like Clase and wanted something like Marsh from us. I dunno. It’s tough to analyze because we’re not privy to negotiations, or the team’s internal valuations for that matter. 

But the reality is we urgently need pitching. If Eppler can’t get it, I don’t know how you can extend him at this point. 

25 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

now keep in mind I'm purely guessing here, but I think Cleveland just may have preferred the offer they got from Texas