• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade candidates: Gray, Ray, Mets SP...

jordan

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I think within the next 24 hours the Angels will trade for Robbie Ray or sign Dallas Keuchel. Maybe both.

Ray wouldn’t be horrible, but do they really want someone who only averaged around 5.1 innings per start last season and has trouble throwing strikes? The bullpen will be taxed on most days when he starts.

2 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I know. Maybe the Indians really like Clase and wanted something like Marsh from us. I dunno. It’s tough to analyze because we’re not privy to negotiations, or the team’s internal valuations for that matter. 

But the reality is we urgently need pitching. If Eppler can’t get it, I don’t know how you can extend him at this point. 

would have traded Marsh and another lower prospect for Kluber

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

depends if you want to contend or not.

No it doesn’t. That’s exactly what we did for years until the farm system was barren, payroll was maxed out, and the major league team had no talent. We literally just did all that with Dipoto and it has taken Eppler 5 years to rebuild this entire organization from the ground up when in reality it probably should have took 10.

have you been sleeping since 2009 or what? 

16 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Ray wouldn’t be horrible, but do they really want someone who only averaged around 5.2 innings per start last season and has trouble throwing strikes? The bullpen will be taxed on most days when he starts.

They’re not gonna have much room to be choosy. Ray has some upside at least and strikeout stuff that Eppler likes. 

Also by acquiring three SPs this winter, Angels ideally get a deeper, more rested pen with a lot more pitchers capable of going multiple innings. 

5.2 IP is probably more than any Halo managed last year either. 

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I don't get the Robbie Ray thing.  Why would be trading for a 1yr rental?  

Because he should come at an inexpensive acquisition price in comparison to others? Also if we acquire him we could extend him if we so desired? He's got heavy strikeout ability which is a plus.

Ray is overrated.  he's topped 170 innings twice in his 5 major league seasons.  

He's averaged 5.1 ip per start.  

The dback have also done a nice job of holding out for top return on some of their other players.  

I guess my question is, what do people thing he's gonna cost?  He's got one year of control.  Frankly, I wouldn't give up much for that.  

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

They’re not gonna have much room to be choosy. Ray has some upside at least and strikeout stuff that Eppler likes. 

Also by acquiring three SPs this winter, Angels ideally get a deeper, more rested pen with a lot more pitchers capable of going multiple innings. 

5.2 IP is probably more than any Halo managed last year either. 

He’d no doubt be a huge upgrade over last year. Just kinda hope that they set their sights higher than that. And actually, it was less than 5.1 IP per start after checking. And he only pitched 7 innings or more once last season. Would prefer someone who can pitch deeper in games. Bullpen fatigue is real.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

The dback have also done a nice job of holding out for top return on some of their other players.  

I guess my question is, what do people thing he's gonna cost?  He's got one year of control.  Frankly, I wouldn't give up much for that.  

I would hope Eppler doesn’t even trade for him. He’s not the answer. 

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Luis Rengifo.

The D'Backs can put Ketel Marte in CF and run Rengifo out at 2B.

That is a trade I'd make in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

If you’re going to trade Rengifo for a 1 year rental on a guy like Ray you better sign Ray.

Luis has value for sure but be wary he has shown a propensity to only hit RHP at just above League average for 2B so his visible value to-date is good but not great. If the Angels feel he can develop further then maybe he has more value but with the glut of 2B on the market, his value is capped by the fact that anyone can go out and sign a Cesar Hernandez or another capable player I think.

28 minutes ago, ettin said:

Luis has value for sure but be wary he has shown a propensity to only hit RHP at just above League average for 2B so his visible value to-date is good but not great. If the Angels feel he can develop further then maybe he has more value but with the glut of 2B on the market, his value is capped by the fact that anyone can go out and sign a Cesar Hernandez or another capable player I think.

I’ve seen the gamut of opinions on Rengifos bat and you seem to hold the conservative view.  Which is fair enough.  He held his own in the majors.  Can play several positions and is pre arb.  This has a lot of value.  However you think of him, the arrow is pointed up given his previous 2 seasons.  How far that takes him.  I don’t know.  But major league regular definitley seems like a reasonable outcome.  Probably as likely as bench piece at this point.  It all depends on who’s doing the evaluating I guess. 

To further my point.  Literally the trade today for Kluber with the way Cleveland valued Clase.

Edited by UndertheHalo