• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reminder: Jim Bowden is still an idiot

Chuck

4 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Not a Bowden fan, although was surprised how much more accurate his guesstimates on salaries ended up being than everyone else.

He catches a ton of crap because he's a blowhard and makes awful predictions but -- he's actually a pretty savvy judge of the market and was in his time as an exec one of the best judges of talent in the industry.   He also looked the other way while his scouts stole money from players ....

31 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Bowden just doesn't understand that the players want to play where they are most comfortable.  Could it be that Rendon and his family were much more comfortable with the Morenos than with the Dodgers and their negotiating team?

I suspect Rendon signed with the Angels because we offered him the most money....

Edited by DMVol

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

How long has it been since Bowden spent any time in Pasadena?   Including it on a list with Pacific Palisades and Bel Air is kinda funny...

And ignoring the beautiful and helpful Armenians in Glendale was kinda ignorant on his part, too. After all, our fine Jewel City smells like one gargantuan bottle of drakkar noir thanks to them.

Jim Bowden is on the radio instead of TV because he has a Friar Tuck haircut and the real estate below his mop is not for public consumption.

His takes on baseball are about as valuable as 2018 Dodger World Champs t-shirt.

The best thing he ever did was fleece the Dodgers in the Paul Konerko deal.

33 minutes ago, RBM said:

Do you know the Pasadena area? San Marino? South Pasadena? It’s proximity to Dodger stadium? I think it makes the list. 

I actually wouldnt have found it as funny had he actually gone with San Marino or many of the neighboring areas but Pasadena itself isn't in the same class and yes -- I had/have family in San Marino and also in Temple City.  

1 hour ago, Tank said:

And ignoring the beautiful and helpful Armenians in Glendale was kinda ignorant on his part, too. After all, our fine Jewel City smells like one gargantuan bottle of drakkar noir thanks to them.

There are Porto's sprouting out all over the place but, for the longest time Glendale could do no wrong in my eyes cause of that place.

Well, maybe, because if he was going to leave Washington it would had either been for A. Cashe' B. To play in an area or region his family was interested in relocating and where he could raise his kids. C. Away from possible competition vs his former NL team. Where it would sting the fan base less. D. Because he is a proud man and respected Arte who is also a proud man? It's truly no ones business. And his response was a nicely placed descriptive no comment.

That was kind of one of those dumb questions that really didnt need to be made. And actually, I kind of expected it to come out of Jim Hill's.. Dodger Loving mouth..