• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

10 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Regardless of posturing, I don’t believe Cole wants to play back East, nor do I believe the Yankees will go 7 years on a pitcher (maybe not even 6 - they refused to go 6 for Corbin). Unless they have a significant philosophy shift, the Yankees will pursue someone like Wheeler, not Cole. (Note. I’m not saying they won’t go through the motions, but I don’t think Cashman or Steinbrenner are cool with 7 years for a pitcher.)

Boras will use the media to bring the Yankees into the discussion but they’re not going to be serious bidders. The Yankees probably won’t even make a formal offer but they will enjoy watching another team overpay because Boras will have his minions tweet out his Fake Yankees News. 

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Boras will use the media to bring the Yankees into the discussion but they’re not going to be serious bidders. The Yankees probably won’t even make a formal offer but they will enjoy watching another team overpay because Boras will have his minions tweet out his Fake Yankees News. 

For the past few years, with increased use of analytics, Borass' clients are not getting overpaid like before.  Information has neutralized Borass' genius.

9 hours ago, Broad Street said:

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near Hamels. Nothing about him has screamed that he would be a good addition, other than name recognition. I would love MadBum but I worry a bit about the miles on that arm, but he is younger than Strasburg. 

look at bumgardner's year overall, then first half/second half. i think he's past that quad accident. depending on the offers he gets, there's potential there for a really great value contract. if he were a part of a big duo or trifecta that was an alternate to the gerrit cole plan, then i could see that having overall better value. i'm great in either scenario, but i want to see the angels win. i'm tired of losing.

if at all possible, i'd love to see the angels lock down a wheeler or bumgardner early in FA, while still going after a cole or stras. my expectations are tethered to the ground still, but i like the idea of eliminating all the "losing" scenarios, like what happened last year,  by locking down either one of those two.

9 hours ago, Broad Street said:

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near Hamels. Nothing about him has screamed that he would be a good addition, other than name recognition. I would love MadBum but I worry a bit about the miles on that arm, but he is younger than Strasburg. 

hamels is a good pitcher. look at his numbers this year and last. they are very decent. it all depends on value, but if it's there, then he'd be a really good 3rd FA addition. 

if they did anything like many hope/expect, then you'd be sliding him in at #4, pushing canning down to #5. that's far better than what the angels have had in recent years. like i said, there has to be value in the contract, but if it's there, then he's a solid signing on a year to year or two year deal.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

hamels is a good pitcher. look at his numbers this year and last. they are very decent. it all depends on value, but if it's there, then he'd be a really good 3rd FA addition. 

if they did anything like many hope/expect, then you'd be sliding him in at #4, pushing canning down to #5. that's far better than what the angels have had in recent years. like i said, there has to be value in the contract, but if it's there, then he's a solid signing on a year to year or two year deal.

I agree that Hamels would be perfectly fine as a "3rd" addition to the rotation. If the choice is between Heaney or Hamels I'm choosing Hamels all day every day.

17 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

I believe I will be right. Unless I'm wrong. And if the only thing that avoids offending people is talking about facts, maybe stick with news articles and avoid message boards. 

Maybe I just take the thing you say at to face value and not enough nuance. I don’t know why it bugs me so. It happens to the best of us. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday. I’ll try to not let it bug me in the future.