True Grich

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

25 minutes ago, RBM said:

What do you think Grandal signs for?

Last offseason, he turned down 4yr, 60m from the Mets. That was with a QO attached. This year, no QO. At least 3 years, probably something a good bit over 15m but probably less than 20m per season.

23 minutes ago, winhalos said:

3/54M

That sounds about right. $18 M per year.

I'd like to see the Angels make a run at him but it probably makes more sense for them to use the money on SP's and go after a less expensive alternative at catcher.

Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen won't exercise the opt-out clause in his contract to become a free agent, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports.

Jansen has another two years and $38 million left on the deal he signed with the Dodgers in 2016.

His decision to stay in Los Angeles was anticipated after a rough 2019 season. Jansen did record 33 saves for the NL West champion Dodgers but posted career-worst marks in ERA (3.71) and ERA+ (112), along with an abnormally high 3.48 FIP.

Jansen's inconsistent season already led to questions about whether he'll continue to close games for the Dodgers.

"I'm not sure," Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said earlier this month when asked about Jansen's role, according to Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times. "I haven't gotten into the exact specifics of offseason planning. Just more kind of broad strokes. My sense sitting here is that Kenley will be our closer. We'll see how things play out."

The 32-year-old has spent his entire 10-year career with the Dodgers and is the franchise's all-time leader in saves, games pitched, and WHIP

8 minutes ago, Yellow Balloon said:

That Rangers trade:  So basically they pay the White Sox 500k in exchange for 250k of international slot money.

And the right to release Castillo, I guess.

Damn, the monetary rules of baseball are weird.

I believe they actually paid Castillo the $500k. White Sox got a filler prospect and saved having to pay $500k. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I believe they actually paid Castillo the $500k. White Sox got a filler prospect and saved having to pay $500k. 

Correct.  It takes the 500k buyout of Castillo off the White Sox hands and the Rangers get the international money.  

2 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I like the fact that they actually got a toothbrush in that haul, gotta get rid of the sugar residue on your teeth!

the dogs tickets have to be photoshopped in there or else there would also be a prison shank.  

Teheran has made a lot of sense for a long time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Angels traded for him or Quintana this weekend. 

Eppler almost always swings a deal at the onset of the offseason to quickly fill a need, often by way of an 'expensive' vet on an expiring contract. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Teheran has made a lot of sense for a long time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Angels traded for him or Quintana this weekend. 

Eppler almost always swings a deal at the onset of the offseason to quickly fill a need, often by way of an 'expensive' vet on an expiring contract. 

Isn't there an option for Teheran? If the Braves pick it up I don't see them trading him. If not, go get him.

If they pick up the option, Marsh for Teheran.

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the dogs tickets have to be photoshopped in there or else there would also be a prison shank.  

That terrible moment when Doc finally succumbs to being racist....

53 minutes ago, Glen said:

Isn't there an option for Teheran? If the Braves pick it up I don't see them trading him. If not, go get him.

If they pick up the option, Marsh for Teheran.

Personally I would only trade Marsh if it’s in a package for a dominant starter or for a long time fix at 3rd or catcher.