• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

5 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Tehran's option got declined

I would he really surprise if Odorizzi does not accept the QO if offered. 

The QO is difficult for guys like Odorizzi. It’s going to cut into his value, but one year at his age isn’t ideal either. He may not be able to cash in next season if he has a down year. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Eric Thames had his option declined - he’d be an interesting Bour/Calhoun replacement backing up 1B, LF, RF, DH.

@Inside Pitch and i knew a guy on the old grandstand sports boards (Mark478) who wondered aloud one time if eric thames was related to him. it seems our friend mark, who was white, came from a family (the thames family) that once owned slaves, and he was wondering if somehow eric thames was a decendant from one of his family's slaves.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

@Inside Pitch and i knew a guy on the old grandstand sports boards (Mark478) who wondered aloud one time if eric thames was related to him. it seems our friend mark, who was white, came from a family (the thames family) that once owned slaves, and he was wondering if somehow eric thames was a decendant from one of his family's slaves.

That was actually one of Mark478, brightest moments...... closely followed by his belief that the Texas Rangers were the 1994 AL West Champions.   Also ST stats!

On 11/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, wopphil said:

This is shocking to me. They couldn't find a trade partner for him?

He is the antithesis of the launch angle era pitchers (money pitch is his sinker), and his velocity is dropping at Jered Weaver levels from mid 90s to only touching 90..   Not a real shock Atlanta dropped him or that they couldn't find a taker.

He's pitched well but he's someone a lot of teams would bet against because the predictive data is scary.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

He is the antithesis of the launch angle era pitchers (money pitch is his sinker), and his velocity is dropping at Jered Weaver levels from mid 90s to only touching 90..   Not a real shock Atlanta dropped him or that they couldn't find a taker.

He's pitched well but he's someone a lot of teams would get against because the predictive data is scary.

1 year deal.

10 players received qualifying offers:

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

10 players received qualifying offers:

I wonder how many Angels’ draft picks go elsewhere this year?

Edited by jordan

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

What would you think of Danny Salazar as the 3rd pitcher acquired this off season?  He was non tendered, was highly ranked a few years back and he has ties to Calloway.

Nope.

He lost all of his velo after his arm issues and surgeries. He would be well behind Heaney and Canning on the depth chart.