• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Brad Ausmus

mmc

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maddon isn’t coming here unless there is going to be a Postseason caliber roster.

Not necessarily, according to this: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/09/joe-maddon-rumors-three-five-years-manage.html

"Joe Maddon is out as the Cubs’ manager, but the 65-year-old isn’t eyeing retirement. Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that Maddon hopes to manage for another three to five seasons and is open to signing on with rebuilding clubs and contenders alike.

“I look at it, it’s got to be a good fit,” said the three-time Manager of the Year winner. “Philosophically, you’ve got to be on the same page. You’ve got to like the people you’re going to work with. I’m wide open.”

I like how Asmus would play the hot hand, or not bench players the day after they had a good game.  He seemed to be a bit more progressive with things like the opener, which I guess is good.  Those were the Sosh differences that I noticed and liked.

Seemed there was some gaffes on baseball player fundamentals, which didnt seem to happen so often with Sosh.

Most of all though, I miss the old school "Angels Baseball" which was stealing bases, being aggressive, the suicide and safety squeeze, with all players in all levels knowing how to bunt.    That was special, and although gone I hope not totally forgotten.

13 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Got served a shit sandwich to start the season and then got kicked in the balls on the way out...classy

Hope Maddon can pitch

I knew you'd be pissed about this. LOL

I don't believe Eppler is blaming Ausmus on the pitching staff and overall results in the W/L column. 

I believe that upper management saw some things they didn't like, you know like most of us did, so they didn't see him as a good fit going forward. You know, just like the Tigers did. 

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Doug White just turned his cell phone off, I’d assume.  “Tell Arte I’m not home!!”

Lol. I'd assume White is gone too. They got all of his knowledge from the Astros and can now use it at their disposal while hiring someone that actually knows about pitching and not just spin rates. 

I did really like some of the fundamentals Asmmus brought to the table.

- Better selection at the plate, which led to more walks and contact.

- Playing the hot hand and not Scioscia's terrible stick to the plan approach

I didn't like his handling of the bullpen, that was terrible. Also some of his general decision making was bad. Too many mistakes for my liking.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I knew you'd be pissed about this. LOL

I don't believe Eppler is blaming Ausmus on the pitching staff and overall results in the W/L column. 

I believe that upper management saw some things they didn't like, you know like most of us did, so they didn't see him as a good fit going forward. You know, just like the Tigers did. 

I'm not pissed...seriously

And nothing I said is false.

He was given a team of broken, ill-fitting parts, asked to push them through a teammates' death to remain competitive, and was told "Thanks for effort" on the way out to make way for a high-profile savior.  He wasn't good or bad...to say otherwise is nonsense.  

It's whatever...an "Arte" move.  If it's something behind the scenes that is pushing this, something we can't see or quantify on, then so be it, you can't dispute that.  

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

If you fire Ausmus just to hire some dipshit like Showalter or Washington...(shakes head)

Again, besides his manager decisions which you and I disagree on (I think he's awful across the board), if he's truly a shit inside the clubhouse or toward upper management, why wouldn't he be fired?

Based on the roster he was given, I agree that he shouldn't take the blame and get the boot, but I don't think that's why he was fired. 

Maybe we'll never know. Maybe we will later like we did with Dipoto vs. Sosh/Arte. 

45 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I really don't care about Ausmus but firing a manager after one season to me just seems like a sign of dysfunction.  

What part about this season DIDNT though?  I mean i get it but also its a chance top do something that perhaps should have been done along ago as well, sometime you have to act when its available.