• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Brad Ausmus

mmc

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

i was thinking more like implicated as having some knowledge that he was perhaps using them or something... but id like to think thats not the case.

That’s more of what I was thinking.

This situation just seems so out of nowhere, out of nowhere reasons come to mind.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

How does Ausmus being fired fit in with the Moreno doesn't care about winning narrative?

I think Arte has reached his limits of patience. I know I have.

I mean, the last time we were playing exciting postseason baseball featured Jeff Mathis hitting a walk-off double. Like eons ago. Let's get somebody in here who can win and light a fire under these sleepwalking players. Ausmus is probably the most passive personality we've ever had at the helm. It was right to make a change sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, ettin said:

It could just simply be that Maddon is a far superior manager choice to Ausmus and the Angels weren't that heavily invested in Brad to not justify the opportunity cost involved? Not speaking so much to you Mark but the entire board.

No, I get it.

Although the presser that was supposed to happen today had been scheduled a week ago, before Maddon was "officially" let go. Yes, it was rumored that the Cubs wouldn't renew his contract, but it wasn't official yet. If the Cubs hadn't yet let Maddon go, and the Angels were talking to him, doesn't that constitute tampering? 

None of us knows the real reasons, and we probably still won't know after tomorrow's conference call, but there are many possibilities. And not just the obvious one(s).

17 minutes ago, floplag said:

Supplied would be quite the scandal, i was thinking more like implicated as having some knowledge that he was perhaps using them or something... but id like to think thats not the case.

If that has any bearing at all, it would be that Arte feels if something like that was going on with training staff, Ausmus should’ve known. about it and handled it. Ausmus’ unawareness of what was going on in his clubhouse apparently could be something Arte holds him responsible for. 

Today is the beginning of something better ahead. I have to believe that something just wasn’t working and change was necessary. Arte has to be discouraged with seeing four different teams win 100+ games while he stares at his 90 loses. I think moving forward things will get better and faster than expected. 

its all starting to come together

Diamondbacks Part Ways With Pitching Coach Mike Butcher

By Jeff Todd | September 30, 2019 at 3:12pm CDT

The Diamondbacks have announced that they will not retain pitching coach Mike Butcher. Ken Rosenthal and Robert Murray of The Athletic first tweeted the news.

Butcher had been in his role since the start of the 2016 campaign, so he pre-dated manager Torey Lovullo and the organization’s primary front office leadership. He has previously served as the pitching coach for the Rays and Angels.

Though he was able to survive the major 2016-17 organizational shakeup, and help a few notable pitchers turn in quality campaigns, Butcher evidently wasn’t seen as the right voice moving forward. His departure isn’t part of a broader wave of change, as the remainder of the 2019 coaching staff is expected to return for 2020.

This just shows more of the dysfunction of this franchise. Eppler hires his buddy as the manager for 3 years and fires him after 1. Most here think this is all Arte so once again, the people he employs to make the right moves aren't making the right moves. If he did indeed fire Ausmus and Eppler is the one that hired him, why would he then pick up Epplers option?

tumblr_noimq6coqx1tqkablo1_1280.png

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

This just shows more of the dysfunction of this franchise. Eppler hires his buddy as the manager for 3 years and fires him after 1. Most here think this is all Arte so once again, the people he employs to make the right moves aren't making the right moves. If he did indeed fire Ausmus and Eppler is the one that hired him, why would he then pick up Epplers option?

tumblr_noimq6coqx1tqkablo1_1280.png

He picked up Eppler's option well before the decision to fire Ausmus was made.

there were things out of ausmus' control this year - skaggs passing, a terrible starting staff, and the injuries. can't blame him for any of those things.

i liked that he was willing to move pujols down the order in the lineup when we had all of our horses.

i'm not well-versed in analyzing all of his in-game moves, but the starter thing wasn't a successful plan over the long haul. and limiting pitchers to just twice through the lineup was something that speaks more the quality of the players hired than to ausmus' managing abilities imho.

time to move on.