Sign in to follow this  
notherhalo

Does a third party have a shot in the next few elections?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think everyone seeing what happened with the DNC and Hilary/Sanders elective will always be suspicious. It’s like some House of Cards politicking behind the scenes.

Part of the problem is the country needs to stop these lame ass debates with two minute answers, canned questions, and talking over each other. Go on a three hour podcast, make your case, answer some real questions, and have some real discourse. I’m learning dick about you and what you stand for based off a couple Q&A’s and some slanted tv commercials that slander the other party.

Bernie Sanders: <1 hour monologue about climate change and wall street greed>

Joe Rogan: Very interesting. So, when congress doesn't let you do anything you promise to do, what will your response be?

I want to hear the answer to that question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam said:

Bernie Sanders: <1 hour monologue about climate change and wall street greed>

Joe Rogan: Very interesting. So, when congress doesn't let you do anything you promise to do, what will your response be?

I want to hear the answer to that question.

He'll shout louder and wave his arms faster.

Edited by Taylor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam said:

Bernie Sanders: <1 hour monologue about climate change and wall street greed>

Joe Rogan: Very interesting. So, when congress doesn't let you do anything you promise to do, what will your response be?

I want to hear the answer to that question.

His was weird. It was more direct than the others, but I didn’t leave thinking any different of the dude. Tulsi did a good job but still had way too many, “Great question and I think that’s something we need to talk about” opposed to real answers or solutions. Yang was pretty good too.

By the way, that’s the real question. No one can do shit with the checks and balances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, floplag said:

You realize you just proved my point by using polls a the determining factor i hope? 

And you have yet to say what the alternative determining factor should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

And you have yet to say what the alternative determining factor should be. 

His opinion on who should be the nominee is his preferred method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tennischmp said:

And you have yet to say what the alternative determining factor should be. 

Something done by an independent third party, not controlled by the DNC.   Or the RNC on the other side this isnt about the Dems its about any of them. 
When you can exaplin how after certain recent debates certain peoples interest shot up on the web searches by thier polling numbers remained stagnant, then maybe youll get it. 

 

12 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

His opinion on who should be the nominee is his preferred method. 

Never said that even once, far from it.  Something, anything, fair and balanced that isnt controlled by completely unscientific polls. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, floplag said:

Something done by an independent third party, not controlled by the DNC.   Or the RNC on the other side this isnt about the Dems its about any of them. 
When you can exaplin how after certain recent debates certain peoples interest shot up on the web searches by thier polling numbers remained stagnant, then maybe youll get it. 

 

Never said that even once, far from it.  Something, anything, fair and balanced that isnt controlled by completely unscientific polls. . 

What method would this third party use? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

What method would this third party use? 

i think it has to be a national thing or let it sort itself out in the first primaries, not the polls.  If you have 25 on the ballot so be it, let the people decide who moves on not the pollsters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so fuc*king stupid.  The polls don’t determine shit genius.  Donald Trump is president.  And neither do the debates at this stage.  Maybe not even any stage.  But definitely not now.  If Tulsi Gabbard was a compelling candidate then she would be polling higher then Amy fu*cking Klobuchar.  Just reflect on that for even 2 seconds.  She’s less popular for president then Klobuchar.  And guess what.  She can still keep running.  She still has access to the internet and Tucker Carlson.  So she’ll be heard if she wants to be.  Eventually the debates have to not have 5000 people on stage.   

@st1ckboy at some point you’ll need to figure out that you can’t have a real conversation with floplag about anything regarding politics.  He’s on another planet and he doesn’t even know where that might be.  Note that a page back on this thread he described Tucker Carlson as “center”. 

It’s all bullshit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't fathom having free education at 4 year colleges.   I can see it at the junior colleges, maybe.    Tuition/books cost increases need to be reined in, for darned sure.

And people also need to be smarter about which direction they go in, weighing pros and cons of junior college vs 4 year college vs trade school, instead of just jumping right in to 4 year college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, floplag said:

i think it has to be a national thing or let it sort itself out in the first primaries, not the polls.  If you have 25 on the ballot so be it, let the people decide who moves on not the pollsters. 

I don't know what "going national" means. As far as the second part, you know what that opens it up to? Having a thousand people on the ballot. F*ck it, throw my name on there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

She's not? Go look at her policies page on her website, all the boxes are checked.

Medicare for all, college for all, ban "assault" weapons, green energy, hold wall street accountable. What's missing?

Broadly all of them could be labeled “the same as Bernie Sanders” the way you’re looking at it.  

Tulsi is probably closer to Bernie foreign policy then she is on some of the other topics you noted. 

And just to be clear.  I like Tulsi quite a bit more then Klobuchar who is objectively awful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't know what "going national" means. As far as the second part, you know what that opens it up to? Having a thousand people on the ballot. F*ck it, throw my name on there. 

Easy enough to combat by having similar requirements to make it beyond to the next group..  youre just arguing to argue at this point ... i get it you like how it is, it tells you what you want to hear, have fun with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, floplag said:

Easy enough to combat by having similar requirements to make it beyond to the next group..  youre just arguing to argue at this point ... i get it you like how it is, it tells you what you want to hear, have fun with it. 

Nope, just trying to get an answer to my initial question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Libertarian has a better chance at spoiling for obvious reasons.  I was in Green Party for 4 years because screw Monsanto and voted Stein in 2016 which I regret now because I put too much trust in Nate Silver’s election forecast.  She’s just another opportunist like the rest of them.  I even prefer Johnson over her especially since his running mate then is a rare sane republican not eating orange mushrooms trying to run against him in the primaries.

I’ve been indie for 2 years because I won’t be permanently registered to any party that loves lobbyists like fat kids love cake but I’m voting “lesser evil” blue just to have some checks and balances back...even if it’s begrudgingly so if that centrist DINO, Biden, is the last man standing.  I’m all for Warren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this