• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does a third party have a shot in the next few elections?

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think everyone seeing what happened with the DNC and Hilary/Sanders elective will always be suspicious. It’s like some House of Cards politicking behind the scenes.

Part of the problem is the country needs to stop these lame ass debates with two minute answers, canned questions, and talking over each other. Go on a three hour podcast, make your case, answer some real questions, and have some real discourse. I’m learning dick about you and what you stand for based off a couple Q&A’s and some slanted tv commercials that slander the other party.

Bernie Sanders: <1 hour monologue about climate change and wall street greed>

Joe Rogan: Very interesting. So, when congress doesn't let you do anything you promise to do, what will your response be?

I want to hear the answer to that question.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

Joe Rogan: Very interesting. So, when congress doesn't let you do anything you promise to do, what will your response be?

He'll shout louder and wave his arms faster.

Edited by Taylor

5 hours ago, Adam said:

His was weird. It was more direct than the others, but I didn’t leave thinking any different of the dude. Tulsi did a good job but still had way too many, “Great question and I think that’s something we need to talk about” opposed to real answers or solutions. Yang was pretty good too.

By the way, that’s the real question. No one can do shit with the checks and balances.

12 hours ago, tennischmp said:

And you have yet to say what the alternative determining factor should be. 

Something done by an independent third party, not controlled by the DNC.   Or the RNC on the other side this isnt about the Dems its about any of them. 
When you can exaplin how after certain recent debates certain peoples interest shot up on the web searches by thier polling numbers remained stagnant, then maybe youll get it. 

12 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

His opinion on who should be the nominee is his preferred method. 

Never said that even once, far from it.  Something, anything, fair and balanced that isnt controlled by completely unscientific polls. . 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

Something done by an independent third party, not controlled by the DNC.   Or the RNC on the other side this isnt about the Dems its about any of them. 
When you can exaplin how after certain recent debates certain peoples interest shot up on the web searches by thier polling numbers remained stagnant, then maybe youll get it. 

Never said that even once, far from it.  Something, anything, fair and balanced that isnt controlled by completely unscientific polls. . 

What method would this third party use? 

This is so fuc*king stupid.  The polls don’t determine shit genius.  Donald Trump is president.  And neither do the debates at this stage.  Maybe not even any stage.  But definitely not now.  If Tulsi Gabbard was a compelling candidate then she would be polling higher then Amy fu*cking Klobuchar.  Just reflect on that for even 2 seconds.  She’s less popular for president then Klobuchar.  And guess what.  She can still keep running.  She still has access to the internet and Tucker Carlson.  So she’ll be heard if she wants to be.  Eventually the debates have to not have 5000 people on stage.   

@st1ckboy at some point you’ll need to figure out that you can’t have a real conversation with floplag about anything regarding politics.  He’s on another planet and he doesn’t even know where that might be.  Note that a page back on this thread he described Tucker Carlson as “center”. 

It’s all bullshit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Still can't fathom having free education at 4 year colleges.   I can see it at the junior colleges, maybe.    Tuition/books cost increases need to be reined in, for darned sure.

And people also need to be smarter about which direction they go in, weighing pros and cons of junior college vs 4 year college vs trade school, instead of just jumping right in to 4 year college. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And tulsi is not “Bernie Sanders with a different foreign policy”

She's not? Go look at her policies page on her website, all the boxes are checked.

Medicare for all, college for all, ban "assault" weapons, green energy, hold wall street accountable. What's missing?

1 hour ago, floplag said:

i think it has to be a national thing or let it sort itself out in the first primaries, not the polls.  If you have 25 on the ballot so be it, let the people decide who moves on not the pollsters. 

I don't know what "going national" means. As far as the second part, you know what that opens it up to? Having a thousand people on the ballot. F*ck it, throw my name on there. 

51 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

She's not? Go look at her policies page on her website, all the boxes are checked.

Medicare for all, college for all, ban "assault" weapons, green energy, hold wall street accountable. What's missing?

Broadly all of them could be labeled “the same as Bernie Sanders” the way you’re looking at it.  

Tulsi is probably closer to Bernie foreign policy then she is on some of the other topics you noted. 

And just to be clear.  I like Tulsi quite a bit more then Klobuchar who is objectively awful.  

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't know what "going national" means. As far as the second part, you know what that opens it up to? Having a thousand people on the ballot. F*ck it, throw my name on there. 

Easy enough to combat by having similar requirements to make it beyond to the next group..  youre just arguing to argue at this point ... i get it you like how it is, it tells you what you want to hear, have fun with it. 

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

Easy enough to combat by having similar requirements to make it beyond to the next group..  youre just arguing to argue at this point ... i get it you like how it is, it tells you what you want to hear, have fun with it. 

Nope, just trying to get an answer to my initial question. 

• 2 weeks later...

Libertarian has a better chance at spoiling for obvious reasons.  I was in Green Party for 4 years because screw Monsanto and voted Stein in 2016 which I regret now because I put too much trust in Nate Silver’s election forecast.  She’s just another opportunist like the rest of them.  I even prefer Johnson over her especially since his running mate then is a rare sane republican not eating orange mushrooms trying to run against him in the primaries.

I’ve been indie for 2 years because I won’t be permanently registered to any party that loves lobbyists like fat kids love cake but I’m voting “lesser evil” blue just to have some checks and balances back...even if it’s begrudgingly so if that centrist DINO, Biden, is the last man standing.  I’m all for Warren.