• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does a third party have a shot in the next few elections?

2 hours ago, floplag said:

a very partisan accounting of the reality, inaccurate, but partisan. 
I've said before ill say again Trump didnt hijack anything, there were very few that had any illusions about who or what he was... though the extra shot of racism and xenophobia was a cute touch.   The issue was that for many he was better than an uber liberal platform, and still is.  Call it what you will, insert whatever buzzword of the day you choose, the reality is that people didnt choose him, they rejected your agenda. 

You are incredibly blind to what is happening. I have no idea where you get that I am partisan or have an agenda.

Donald Trump is a reaction to both parties abandoning white working class voters. Democrats have been running on a white guilt platform for years now, and Republicans have proven time and again that they don't care about working class voters of any color. Democrats have been saying "we don't want you" while Republicans were shouting "we don't care about you."

Then Donald Trump comes around and embraces that group - warts and all. He says things like, who cares about the environment, lets put those coal plants back online! He refuses to condemn white supremacists and the KKK - remember 'there are bad guys on both sides!' He does this because this is his base! If it wasn't his base why would it be so hard for him to condemn? This is not the traditional conservative Republican base, these are the people the Republicans had ejected from the party!

Donald Trump is not a traditional mainstream Republican candidate, hell he used to be a Democrat. This is what a third party looks like in the US - climate denial and xenophobia are not mainstream positions in 2019 but they are at the heart of the 'Republican' platform sine the emergence of Trump.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Did....did you just imply Hillary was "uber liberal"?

i would imply or state that anyone that was going directly at the 2A and being pro illegal immigration, would be that yes.  
The sad part is that in the grand scheme today she really isnt as there are other far more than her, but 3 years ago, yes, comparatively speaking in reference to Trump, she was.  
Thats the whole point, in the end people had to chose between Hillary and the dem platform, or trump and his, and for a lot of people it was the lesser of two evils, not what they wanted.  

1 hour ago, junkorama said:

It depends how far off in the future it is. If it's possible,  I think that this is a reasonable approach:

blastoff.gif

All jokes aside, like most you sidestep the question.  
You've spent years now calling them deplorable, racist, sexist misogynist and now  Russian assets and while refusing to even talk to them most of the time... do you have any intention of making any effort to bring them, back to the table or basically just screw them and do whatever the hades you want?

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

i would imply or state that anyone that was going directly at the 2A and being pro illegal immigration, would be that yes.  
The sad part is that in the grand scheme today she really isnt as there are other far more than her, but 3 years ago, yes, comparatively speaking in reference to Trump, she was.  
Thats the whole point, in the end people had to chose between Hillary and the dem platform, or trump and his, and for a lot of people it was the lesser of two evils, not what they wanted.  

Well Trump was running on a far right platform, so I suppose Hillary being where she was made her appear "Uber liberal".

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You are incredibly blind to what is happening. I have no idea where you get that I am partisan or have an agenda.

Donald Trump is a reaction to both parties abandoning white working class voters. Democrats have been running on a white guilt platform for years now, and Republicans have proven time and again that they don't care about working class voters of any color. Democrats have been saying "we don't want you" while Republicans were shouting "we don't care about you."

Then Donald Trump comes around and embraces that group - warts and all. He says things like, who cares about the environment, lets put those coal plants back online! He refuses to condemn white supremacists and the KKK - remember 'there are bad guys on both sides!' He does this because this is his base! If it wasn't his base why would it be so hard for him to condemn? This is not the traditional conservative Republican base, these are the people the Republicans had ejected from the party!

Donald Trump is not a traditional mainstream Republican candidate, hell he used to be a Democrat. This is what a third party looks like in the US - climate denial and xenophobia are not mainstream positions in 2019 but they are at the heart of the 'Republican' platform sine the emergence of Trump.

if i am, i assure you, im not the only one.  You preach to me as though youre view is the only valid one is true dem style without any consideration that any other interpretation might have merit.   That sir is your problem, you talk at, not to. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Well Trump was running on a far right platform, so I suppose Hillary being where she was made her appear "Uber liberal".

it isnt just an appearance when you go after certain things directly.   No, she wasnt what i would call "uber" now, but remember were talking about a few years ago and that definition has slid from being pro gay rights to forcing people ot use other peoples pronounds and being in favor of forcing a child to transition at 7 years old so... were not exactly talking apples to apples at this point using those words. 

Just now, floplag said:

it isnt just an appearance when you go after certain things directly.   No, she wasnt what i would call "uber" now, but remember were talking about a few years ago and that definition has slid from being pro gay rights to forcing people ot use other peoples pronounds and being in favor of forcing a child to transition at 7 years old so... were not exactly talking apples to apples at this point using those words. 

Can you name a single politician who has ran on that premise?

You're confusing the SJW's with anything on the left. 

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

if i am, i assure you, im not the only one.  You preach to me as though youre view is the only valid one is true dem style without any consideration that any other interpretation might have merit.   That sir is your problem, you talk at, not to. 

You are confusing writing confidently with being dismissive and your perceptions are clearly off as I haven’t voted for a single Democrat in my entire life.

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

All jokes aside, like most you sidestep the question.  
You've spent years now calling them deplorable, racist, sexist misogynist and now  Russian assets and while refusing to even talk to them most of the time... do you have any intention of making any effort to bring them, back to the table or basically just screw them and do whatever the hades you want?

I'll take the screw them and hades option.

20 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You are confusing writing confidently with being dismissive and your perceptions are clearly off as I haven’t voted for a single Democrat in my entire life.

No, i dont think i confused anything there, but ill take your word on your voting.  It doesnt change the fact that others might see it differently and be equally as confident however. 

21 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Can you name a single politician who has ran on that premise?

You're confusing the SJW's with anything on the left. 

Which premise, the 2A, pretty much all of them without having the balls to say it.
AS for the rest wasnt it them who played the "if you support Trump you are duplicitous" card?   Dont the seam rules apply?  So if they are not speaking out against these radicals or doing anything to real them in isnt that supporting them?
Im not playing the double standard game so, enjoy that i guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

He received 9,000 less votes than an independent that ran 4 years prior, in an election that had half a million less in voter turnout. That's like taking credit for stopping a breaking dam by putting your finger on a pinhole when this is happening:

300px-Teton_Dam_failure.jpg