• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does a third party have a shot in the next few elections?

We tried to put a Johnson in the White House and he forgot what Allepo was.  We tried to put a Perot in the White House and he talked more like a parrot with this charts.  

Is it possible?  Well, Trump won, and the Angels won a World Series.  So anything is possible.  But they need someone with a lot more charisma and vision.

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It's possible that moderates from both sides could form a party that has a chance but once elected it would be status quo like a mofo. If you want to fix politics you have to take away their money

It might start out with noble intentions, but once established, it can be hijacked. Witness the Tea Party. A friend of mine was involved in the early days of it. She told me that originally it was a coalition of both Democrats and Republicans who were tired of the tax-and-spend mentality. Then right wing nutjobs like Sarah Palin took over, seeing it as a way to return themselves from the obscurity that they so richly deserved. They ensured the re-election of Harry Reid to the U. S. Senate by backing a Republican (who won the party nomination) who was so psychotic that Reid even carried areas of the state that always vote Republican. Before the emergence of Sharron Angle, Reid's campaign was dead in the water. They also endorsed a Senate candidate in Delaware who had to start her campaign by reassuring people that she was not a witch.

My prediction is that Trump wins 2020. After that I think the republicans get slammed so hard that the there is a chance the GOP collapses. There are too many people like me who think the party is a joke and no longer cares about lower taxes/limited government. What comes after that I have no idea. Probably a couple sessions of democratic rule with an economic collapse thrown in the mix for shits and gigs. 

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

My prediction is that Trump wins 2020. After that I think the republicans get slammed so hard that the there is a chance the GOP collapses. There are too many people like me who think the party is a joke and no longer cares about lower taxes/limited government. What comes after that I have no idea. Probably a couple sessions of democratic rule with an economic collapse thrown in the mix for shits and gigs. 

For sure.

I wish i could say yes as i so very badly want it to be true, but as long as they are excluded from debates and equal representation, no, they wont.
The only thing that could change that is a viable candidate taking that path.  If Yang or Gabbard or one of the lesser batshit crazy Dems went that route, it might get interesting.
The simple reality is that the big 2 would spend any amount of money to stop it, unless or until the people demand it. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Yang tweeted this morning that Bernie is moving the country in the right direction and implied he would continue to do so. I think your classification of him as not batshit crazy is false

i didnt see that, but if he said he we can cross him off .... pity i was starting to like him.