• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does a third party have a shot in the next few elections?

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

I'm not math major, but it looks like the Libertarian had an impact ...

From what i read on this one, Bevin got MORE votes than last time, where did all these Dem votes come from?  Im guessing large migrations from blue states intended to override the locals, there really isnt much other explanation. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

From what i read on this one, Bevin got MORE votes than last time, where did all these Dem votes come from?  Im guessing large migrations from blue states intended to override the locals, there really isnt much other explanation. 

Now we're talking! Tell us more, flop.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Actually a quick Google search would show you there really is much other explanations. But go, and continue doing your usual thing of making things up, and shitting them out as facts.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

'He's a disgrace to our state.' Kentucky teachers outraged over Bevin's sex abuse remarks
https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/517252002#aoh=15730634618643&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Those teachers are clearly from blue states who migrated to Kentucky to override public opinion.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Now we're talking! Tell us more, flop.

Just passing on what i read... people are focusing on the vote from the third party and ignoring the other 2 which are to me, much more telling.

For those accusing me of making shit up... here ya go...  but by all emans keep telling yourself there is no other reality. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Kentucky_gubernatorial_election

Oh, and for the record, im not defending the guy, everything ive read about his suggests hes a pig... im just wondering where hundreds of thousands of votes suddenly came from in one election cycle, thats all. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What did/do you read?

i dont recall where i read it, but i did a quick google and linked the wiki numbers which line up with what i read on twitter somewhere.
He got about 200K more votes then he did in '15.  
Whats intriguing is that the Dem got about 300K more.
The result is that KY somehow added half a million total votes in a single cycle.  
Thats not championing anyone just commenting on the numbers, a 50% voter increase in turnout is pretty unprecedented. 
I dont care about him, he deserved to lose, but as usual instead of actually reading or listening people go off on their tangent to protect their bullshit.

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

i dont recall where i read it, but i did a quick google and linked the wiki numbers which line up with what i read on twitter somewhere.
He got about 200K more votes then he did in '15.  
Whats intriguing is that the Dem got about 300K more.
The result is that KY somehow added half a million total votes in a single cycle.  
Thats not championing anyone just commenting on the numbers, a 50% voter increase in turnout is pretty unprecedented. 
I dont care about him, he deserved to lose, but as usual instead of actually reading or listening people go off on their tangent to protect their bullshit.

Is it possible that more people voted this year due to their intense dislike of the current governor?

If you can show me numbers that more people voted in Kentucky than there are adults of voting age in Kentucky, I'll believe you.

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Is it possible that more people voted this year due to their intense dislike of the current governor?

If you can show me numbers that more people voted in Kentucky than there are adults of voting age in Kentucky, I'll believe you.

i literally said nothing about any impropriety, i have no intent or desire to prove something i didnt say, especially something that has nothing to do with my point.
Somehow KY added 50% more voters to its roles, it is highly unlikely this was thru natural means of local births so, im assuming migration had an impact.  Nothing more. 

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

i literally said nothing about any impropriety, i have no intent or desire to prove something i didnt say, especially something that has nothing to do with my point.
Somehow KY added 50% more voters to its roles, it is highly unlikely this was thru natural means of local births so, im assuming migration had an impact.  Nothing more. 

That's a lot of people who would move to f'ing Kentucky just to influence an election. Where are they going next? Louisiana?

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's a lot of people who would move to f'ing Kentucky just to influence an election. Where are they going next? Louisiana?

I dont know the answer to your question,  obviously, im not from there i dont know, i just dont recall ever seeing a 50% variance in a state election in the past.  It isnt like this is the first time a politician stepped on his own dork and made an ass out of himself.  Its just a very odd change that is difficult to justify by simply saying more people turned out.

2 hours ago, floplag said:

So a quick qoogle search shows Kentucky had a net population increase of 58 thousand from 2015 to 2019. Unfortunately I was unable to determine if all 58,000 of those were libs that moved to the state for the sole purpose of effecting a governor's race. I'll keep looking though, because I think you are on to something here.

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So a quick qoogle search shows Kentucky had a net population increase of 58 thousand from 2015 to 2019. Unfortunately I was unable to determine if all 58,000 of those were libs that moved to the state for the sole purpose of effecting a governor's race. I'll keep looking though, because I think you are on to something here.

Well im assuming thats sarcasm... but either way literally half a million people voted this time, that didnt last time, a 50% jump in votes cast.

To put that in perspective, the 2016 POTUS election had 128.8M votes cast, 2012 had 126.8.  A difference of 2M votes, or or about a 1-2% increase.   This one had 50%!!! 

A quick search of KY population says its 4.49 M, up from 4.25 in '15.  AS you say about 60K jump.   3.4M are "adults", or about 69% of them.    assuming that ratio is the same an increase of 60K people would result in about 42Kish added voters to the rolls, not half a million.  

I dont know the reason, im not suggesting or implying anything aside from the idea that there have been organizations that were pro migration to affect the results... i dont know if they were successful or not.  What i know is this is an unprecedented jump in votes cast.  He got more votes than last time, so no one jumped ship... and still lost.   When has that happened previously?