• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols

Glen

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Here's the thing: right now, anybody else we have playing 1b isn't putting up numbers close to Pujols. Yeah, I get giving the kids the rest of the season, but Pujols is kinda entertaining right now. I'm just gonna enjoy that.

Exactly, although I do see the need to see what Walsh or Rojas can do at this level.  We could shut Ohtani down and let him concentrate on pitching.  

46 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

Exactly, although I do see the need to see what Walsh or Rojas can do at this level.  We could shut Ohtani down and let him concentrate on pitching.  

This also makes sense to me. Shut down Ohtani because he's been bad lately. Give Pujols two starts a week. The rest of the 1B/DH time goes to the kids.

http://www.ocregister.com/albert-pujols-homer-caps-rally-in-angels-come-from-behind-victory

This story is pretty much all about Pujols.

I’ve come to the conclusion that he can be reasonably productive (ie, not $30M worth, but playable) as long as he gets time off. He’s played in 75 percent of the games so far. 

It’s easy to say “He’s still not good,” but he’s been better than Bour, Thaiss, Walsh.

(I should add that I think if one of those guys took off and got really hot, he’d take more of Pujols time. I think Ausmus has shown he’s not married to Pujols.)

Next year the Angels will have a 26-man roster. I am coming around to the idea that he’ll be around the whole 2 more years, but just play less and less. Maybe 60 percent next year and 40 percent (factoring in IL time) in 2021.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher