• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Throw at Marisdick

3 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

It was dumb if it was indeed intentional.

I think we know it was intentional.

Maybe Ramirez wasn't trying to throw as close to the head as he did, but he was definitely going after Marisnick.

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I gotta say, I’m proud the fans were “brutal”.  When have Angel fans been accused of anything non-welcoming?

The fans were great last night.  The boo’s were music to my ears.  Aside from AJ Pierszynski (sp?) I haven’t heard a player get booed that much.  The fans were dialed in from the start and it was a good environment without having to be your typical Dodger or Raider fan.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

No it wasn't. It was dumb if he intended to throw near his head, which I don't believe it was. 

I'm not on the team so, obviously, this is an outsider perspective but, to me, Houston is down and sluggish, the Angels are rising and beating them down, hitting Marisnick is a distraction.  Now, Houston is fired up and it puts our stars in the crosshairs of either Cole or Verlander (you don't think he wants a piece?).   

The one rational one in this seemed to be Marisnick who accepted the HBP for what it was and wanted to move on...which is likely not going to be the case.

The Houston managerial over reaction must be for motivating his team. These payback pitches have been part of baseball since it began. And no helmets and face protectors for nearly a century.

The pitch was high inside, but a foot lower than his head. It hit him where little long term damage occurs. I've seen Trout thrown at far closer to the head/face multiple times this year. 

Anyone remember Ron Hunt?

He made a living being hit by pitches. Over 55 times when with the Expos one season in the seventies. It was actually fun watching him turn at bats into an art form, hanging over the plate.

Anyways, yesterday was just part of the game. Glad to see Albert challenge the talkers on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

The Houston managerial over reaction must be for motivating his team. These payback pitches have been part of baseball since it began. And no helmets and face protectors for nearly a century.

The pitch was high inside, but a foot lower than his head. It hit him where little long term damage occurs. I've seen Trout thrown at far closer to the head/face multiple times this year. 

He made a living being hit by pitches. Over 55 times when with the Expos one season in the seventies. It was actually fun watching him turn at bats into an art form, hanging over the plate.

Anyways, yesterday was just part of the game. Glad to see Albert challenge the talkers on the bench. 

Makes you wonder what was said, thats not typically his style but he was fired up.  

17 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Yeah lost in this was Pujols rebuking those whiny ass children in the dugout. 

I loved every bit of that.

Pujols has been great in this series with the bat and the leadership with Trout out.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Catcher collisions used to be part of the game.

Bean ball wars should be eliminated like catcher collisions were. 

3 hours ago, floplag said:

I must admit they do not seem to be handling thier first real adversity in a few years very well, if you can even call it that.  5-5 in the last 10 still 4.5 upo on the division and they are acting like  they just lost 10 in a row.  Maybe have a drink and relax a little over stressing out.  It isnt like they still dont have one of the best rosters in the game.

The thing that scares me about this the most, is that THEY will be the ones to go get pitching after getting slapped in 2 non starter games.  Thier top pitching prospect just got a small downgrade so they might be willing to send him out to get a Stroman or someone else out there.  I hope we beat Cole tonight, but im a tad nervous what it might trigger if the division does in fact get tighter. 

i hate to quite myself but literally an hour after the comment about Hou going after pitching i read an article from a lesser source suggesting they go get Bauer, for thier top your OF and the young arm Jones i think it was.   I thought that was a bit of an overpay, but it was interesting to see them suggesting the whole Bauer Cole plus i think there were other issues with Astros as being something viable.  Not likely, no, but it was an interesting idea. 

7 hours ago, floplag said:

i hate to quite myself but literally an hour after the comment about Hou going after pitching i read an article from a lesser source suggesting they go get Bauer, for thier top your OF and the young arm Jones i think it was.   I thought that was a bit of an overpay, but it was interesting to see them suggesting the whole Bauer Cole plus i think there were other issues with Astros as being something viable.  Not likely, no, but it was an interesting idea. 

That was painful to read